It's Been A While...

Hey folks.

You may have noticed I've been very inactive on the forums of late for various reasons - most importantly, I took a while out to complete my degree and am now back*.

So, I've missed out on quite a lot, I've seen it's the middle of summer and yet Sno is back!

Any important changes I may have missed, good or bad?

*I am also now in a position to take on more CS-Cart clients for anybody interested. Got a project in the pipeline which I have been working on for a while which will (I think so anyway!) change perspectives on CS-Cart. Very exciting times ahead. Hopefully more on that later.

Cheers!

Welcome back!! You have been sorely missed! Looking forward to your great input on this forum once again.

Hey Grant…hope the degree went well!

Hello,

We are not so long ago on the forum and glad to see that experienced members of community are back.

Welcome back! Why your www.stellarbytes.com website gives me Forbidden error? :)

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’ timestamp=‘1407887030’ post=‘189376’]

Welcome back!! You have been sorely missed! Looking forward to your great input on this forum once again.

[/quote]

Thanks Edward…time to get busy busy busy!

[quote name=‘johnbol1’ timestamp=‘1407913000’ post=‘189402’]

Hey Grant…hope the degree went well!

[/quote]

Thanks John, final results pending but appear to have went swimmingly :-)

[quote name=‘eComLabs’ timestamp=‘1407920811’ post=‘189419’]

Welcome back! Why your www.stellarbytes.com website gives me Forbidden error? :)

[/quote]

Don’t worry about it, I get a Forbidden error too! Time to have a look and fix that problem too.

Cheers

You might want to review the security thread regarding the breach in May-2014 and a few other things to check.

So what are the little letters after your name now? And what’s the degree in? :-)

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1407958220’ post=‘189483’]

You might want to review the security thread regarding the breach in May-2014 and a few other things to check.

So what are the little letters after your name now? And what’s the degree in? :-)

[/quote]

Think I have found the one (payment stage vulnerability?) so reading through it now.

BSc Hons in Web Design & Development. As for letters after the name, that seems to be a matter of debate between those who made it all the way. Guess we’ll find out soon enough!

Oh man, what did I let myself in for…we all thought the timing of 'major' releases after v2.2.5 and v4 were ridiculous…but after trying out 4.2.1, I am shocked. Confused. Disappointed. The testing of CS-Cart at its core level is bordering plain embarrassing - who in their right mind tested this, let alone actually thought it was ready to launch to be used on live stores by CS-Cart customers?!

Until the “failed to reproduce” crap goes out the window despite critical bugs (eg. 1, 2…etc. - see bug tracker for countless more) being posted again and again with multiple users stating the bug exists in the same environments, I don't think anyone can put up with this much longer.

I may just go live under a rock, again. In the meantime, if anybody needs some real support, where issues are investigated thoroughly and resolved as they should be, you know where I am. Maybe see y'all on the flip side of Christmas.