issues with installation on new server

Hi all,

I have problems with installing CS-cart on a new domain,

When i transfer all the files (the main directory is on /www instead of /html) and install CS-cart,the installation goes fine but i get no pictures.

When i install a skin i get no pictures at all. I already changed my .htacces but that does not matter also.

Does anyone have an idea? Please check www.boentjes-

It is a website with all the correct details, including php and Sql.

Hope someone has an answer soon.

I think it has to do with rights but i already changed all the rights.

Rgds,

Daniel

You definently have some file and/or directory permissions wrong causing the forbidden error I am seeing right now. Something is set to not allow public viewing.

example: 640 or 750

You need to determine your server environment using a phpinfo script then set your permissions as stated in this post for the proper type; [url]http://vb.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=23163&postcount=3[/url]

To determine your server environment using phpinfo:

If you don’t already have a phpinfo script in your toolbox then you should create one like this;

For basic info output

```php ```

For advanced output

```php ```

Copy one of the above lines into notepad and save as somefilename.php then upload it to your server and view it in your browser. Don’t forget to delete this file from your server when done using it.

The first thing you should look at is the top row ‘System’.

If that information says anything about Windows you can stop and set your permissions for a Windows environment then; Go out and get very intoxicated to prepare for the many more future problems you will face on a Windows server.

If the System row mentions anything related to Linux or Unix then you will need to now look at another row on that page ‘Server API’. That will be a few rows down on the page and will tell us how PHP is configured to run on your server.

If the Server API info says anything at all about CGI then, stop and set your permissions for “Linux – Running PHPSuexec or suPHP (CGI)”.

If the Server API row says something like; Apache or Apache 2.0 Handler then, the server is running PHP as an Apache module and you should set your permissions for that.

If it says IIS on this row then you’ve already been drinking and couldn’t follow the first step of the directions above. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for your quick reply

I checked the PHP and it said the following;

System Linux server2.starthosting.nl 2.6.17.7ww1 #1 SMP Tue Feb 12 03:14:28 CET 2008 i686

Build Date Nov 12 2007 19:01:09

Server API CGI/FastCGI

How do i do this?

If the Server API info says anything at all about CGI then, stop and set your permissions for “Linux – Running PHPSuexec or suPHP (CGI)”.

The website was installed on another server and there were no problems at all :frowning:

Thank you again!

Daniel

Perhaps there are problems with my .htaccess? I deleted the htaccess and the website is accessible. As soon as i install the htacces, i get this error;

All the files are (as CS-combs told me)

Permissions if PHP is running as a CGI are simple:

All directories should be 755

All files should be 644

The error i get when i install .htaccess is this one;

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

My .htaccess is standard; (Url is babyschoentj)

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

RewriteEngine on

Some hostings require RewriteBase to be uncommented

Example:

Your store url is [url]http://www.yourcompany.com/store/cscart[/url]

So “RewriteBase” should be:

RewriteBase /store/cscart

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . index.php?sef_rewrite=1 [L,QSA]

i installed everything again but still not working;

e.g. i tried to check a picture but i get an error;

[url]http://babyscu/var/skins_repository/lite_orange/customer/images/action_but_bg.gif[/url]

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I’m not sure why or how you site is intalled in www intead of html but give this a try in your htaccess file.

```php

RewriteEngine on

Some hostings require RewriteBase to be uncommented

Example:

Your store url is http://www.yourcompany.com/store/cscart

So “RewriteBase” should be:

RewriteBase /store/cscart

RewriteBase /[COLOR=“Red”]www[/COLOR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . index.php?sef_rewrite=1 [L,QSA]

```

Thank you, but already changed .htaccess to /www and still get an error

The previous servers i used was indeed /html and no problems at all.

This server is using /www instead of html but that cannot be the problem?

When i look in the error logs, i get the following errors;

[Sun Mar 30 11:08:19 2008] [alert] [client 82.173.62.150] /home/babyww/skins/.htaccess: Options not allowed

I think i found the issue. In the skin-directory, there is a file .htaccess. As soon as i remove the file, everything turns out to be ok.

Really weird issue :frowning:

All thanks for your help, i will try to upload a new and fresh file, see what it will do.

duneraver,

make sure you follow up with all the instructions now that you have completed the installation of your store.

(like removing files that are only used for installation)