Issues Encountered With Newest Cs-Cart V4.2.4

[color=#ff0000]1).[/color] I’ve recently installed the newest version of CS-Cart using the 30 days trial for a new client. Compared to the older versions, some things are definitely more of a challenge to get completed. but here are some of things that have/are given/giving me issues.

Right off the bat I had an issue simply trying to get an item added to the cart:

CS-Carf Forum Post Reference

I currently have the cart working and have continued to proceed with setting up Categories and Products using a solution provided in the link above.

[color=#ff0000]2).[/color] Another issue that I have ran into is adding content that contains JS or Styles added to the code. i.e.: The verification code given by Authorize.net to place on your site uses JS along with a style that is pre-set on their end. When I create a new block to place this on the page, the HTML editor removed the JS tags. Also, I did not want to use their style and created my own, only to have the HTML editor remove the Sytle tags as well.

[color=#0000ff]Why can’t I just create a block of pure text/code without having it altered? This goes for products and content pages as well. How can I add custom JS and Styles, or whatever else that I want to add?[/color]

[color=#ff0000]3).[/color] The theme that CS-Cart comes with is the Responsive theme yet when you are adding a logo, it resizes it down to a smaller size than intended AND adds an unwanted background color to my transparent png file. To top it off, it set’s the sizes for these images in the database. So, even though I have removed the:

width="{$logos.theme.image.image_x}" height="{$logos.theme.image.image_y}"
```<br />
<br />
from the logo.tpl and replaced it with:<br />
<br />
```php
style="width:100%!important;height:auto;"
```<br />
<br />
It still puts the image in at the size specified in the database. So without changing the sizes there, the desired outcome is not achieved.<br />
<br />
[color=#0000ff][b]Shouldn't this all be based on percentages, or at least have the option to set the size based on media breaks? Adn how to I get rid of the background color that is added?[/b][/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=#ff0000][b]3).[/b][/color] I am setting up a store with physical products and downloadable products, some of the downloads are too large to upload through the cart, so I uploaded to the server and tried to use the `Select file from server` option. The problem, is that when I click the `+ Add file` button it is opens the edit window in a pop-up modal. Then, when you select the `Server` button, the file selector button also pops up in a separate modal window that is BEHIND the `New file` windows and therefore you can never select a file from the server. At first I thought nothing was happening, but when I closed the new file window, there was the file selector.<br />
<br />
[color=#0000ff][b]Any suggestions here?[/b][/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=#ff0000][b]4).[/b][/color] On checkout, the cart wants to charge me shipping for the downloadable files! [color=#0000ff][b]How do I make it not charge shipping on the downloadable files???[/b][/color] I've tried setting the downloadable files Shipping option to `Free shipping` but I am still getting charged for the shipping. The shipping option is set to use the per-item option, but if the free shipping is checked, shouldn't it respect that selection, or better yet, know that the files are downloadable and not apply shipping in the first place???<br />
<br />
[color=#0000ff][b]Any suggestions here?[/b][/color]<br />
<br />
<br />
[color=#ff0000][b]5).[/b][/color] Trying to add a collapsible content section to a content page actually works fine in the HTML editor, but when I try to view the page live it does not work at all. Is there a trick to making this work properly? I've already started another post for this here:<br />
<br />
[url="http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/39848-bootstrap-style-collapsible-section/"]CS-Cart Forum Post Reference[/url]<br />
<br />
<br />
I think that is all for now. I will add more items here as they come up, but any direction with anything mentioned here would be much appreciated!

[quote name='AgentEccks' timestamp='1429478829' post='211998']

[color=#ff0000]2).[/color] Another issue that I have ran into is adding content that contains JS or Styles added to the code. i.e.: The verification code given by Authorize.net to place on your site uses JS along with a style that is pre-set on their end. When I create a new block to place this on the page, the HTML editor removed the JS tags. Also, I did not want to use their style and created my own, only to have the HTML editor remove the Sytle tags as well.

[color=#0000ff]Why can't I just create a block of pure text/code without having it altered? This goes for products and content pages as well. How can I add custom JS and Styles, or whatever else that I want to add?[/color]

[/quote]

There should be a button in the editor that puts it in pure html mode. If not, change or disable editors (settings, apperance, Default wysiwyg editor)

[quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]On checkout, the cart wants to charge me shipping for the downloadable files! [/font][/color][color=#0000FF][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]How do I make it not charge shipping on the downloadable files???[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] I've tried setting the downloadable files Shipping option to Free shipping but I am still getting charged for the shipping. The shipping option is set to use the per-item option, but if the free shipping is checked, shouldn't it respect that selection, or better yet, know that the files are downloadable and not apply shipping in the first place???[/quote][/font][/color]

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[attachment=9450:downloadable.JPG]

downloadable.JPG

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1429482116' post='212002']

There should be a button in the editor that puts it in pure html mode. If not, change or disable editors (settings, apperance, Default wysiwyg editor)

[/quote]

Yea, I figured out that if I paste the code and save it without going back to WYSIWYG mode it will save properly, however, once it is saved, it defaults back ot the WYSIWYG mode and and tags are removed.

I'm guessing that this has to do with the WYSIWYG editor and what tags are allowed. Is there a way to add allowed tags to this?

The issue with setting the default to just a plain code view is that some users will not be able to work with just the code.

[quote name='AgentEccks' timestamp='1430524715' post='213162']

Yea, I figured out that if I paste the code and save it without going back to WYSIWYG mode it will save properly, however, once it is saved, it defaults back ot the WYSIWYG mode and and tags are removed.

I'm guessing that this has to do with the WYSIWYG editor and what tags are allowed. Is there a way to add allowed tags to this?

The issue with setting the default to just a plain code view is that some users will not be able to work with just the code.

[/quote]

Turns out the default HTML editor is Redactor and Link, Style, and Script are all in the deniedTags settings:

Settings | Clean

I tried to remove all three but it didn't seem to help. When I re-enabled the Redactor WYSIWYG it still removed those three tags.