Issue with hooks 4.0.3

Hi

I am feeling rather defeated on this issue.

I just can not get the my_changes styles css to work

I have followed all the instructions as per CS-Carts own docs

[list=1]

[]Make sure the My Changes add-on is installed

[
]Create the directory (if it does not exist) design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index

[*]Create the file styles.post.tpl in design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index with the following content:

[*]Create the file [b]styles.css[/b] with the custom style definitions in [b]design/frontend/skins/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/[/b]
[/list]
I have created folder and sub folders as necessary

I have then put my custom styles in my style sheet. But nothing works
I have also tried the instruction to overwrite styles and this does not work

I know the my changes add on is working as I have used it to replace some php in products.

I am not using the basic theme, I just created a clone and called it basic_clone.

I have tried all paths and still nothing. If I make the changes with firebug I get the desired results.

Are the above instructions correct.

Alan

[quote]Create the file styles.css with the custom style definitions in design/frontend/skins/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/[/quote]

That should be:-

/design/themes/basic/css/addons/my_changes/

For what it's worth, in the styles.post.tpl (or styles.pre.tpl) I tend to use this:-

{style src="addons/my_changes/mystyles.css"}

And place mystyles.css in the folder as above. No problems at all in V4 with this method.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1385121255' post='172144']

That should be:-

/design/themes/basic/css/addons/my_changes/

For what it's worth, in the styles.post.tpl (or styles.pre.tpl) I tend to use this:-

{style src="addons/my_changes/mystyles.css"}

And place mystyles.css in the folder as above. No problems at all in V4 with this method.

[/quote]

HI StellarBytes

Thanks for the help, worked first time once I changed basic to my own template name.

it makes me wonder when CS can not even get there own documentation correct.

Just a little clarification on the styles.post.tpl (or styles.pre.tpl) or indeed overwrite.

Could you clarify what are the different uses in term of css.

I do understand how these works in relation to php hooks but unclear in relation to the css.

Alan

'pre' will compile first. 'post' will compile last. 'override' will replace an existing version (so to override the default styles.css, you would use styles.override.tpl). If you disable CSS joining, you will see your source code will display similar to this if you use 'pre'

```php

```
And like this if 'post':-
```php

```