Issue After Upgrade To 4.8 Thanks Cs Cart For Their Ridiculous Support

looks to me like you had a serious issue in 2015, CS solved it without charging you first, then you didnt pay to get the minus 20 credits back to Zero.

Now it is 2018 you have a serious problem again and CS wont do it for free this time because you didnt pay last time.

They are quite within their rights to do this as far as I see. Your causing problems for yourself over 20 credits.

looks to me like you had a serious issue in 2015, CS solved it without charging you first, then you didnt pay to get the minus 20 credits back to Zero.

Now it is 2018 you have a serious problem again and CS wont do it for free this time because you didnt pay last time.

They are quite within their rights to do this as far as I see. Your causing problems for yourself over 20 credits.

My thoughts exactly.

I totally agree with posters here. CS Cart will rob you blind. They could care less about their customers and I do mean that in every way. I wished I wouldn't had purchased this software, mods and templates. What a waste of money. CS Cart doesn't give a hoot about you, just your money. Whatever country they live in, they do not have a heart!!

I'm moving to Prestashop, which I'm trying out now and like it very well so far. And they have a heart and will help you in their forum and will give you detailed help, not just do this and that and there you go. There is a few people on this forum that will help you such as oleg.gorshkov, eComLabs and tbirnseth but other than these 3 amazing and loving people there wouldn't be any help at all.

I upgraded from 4.71 to 4.81 and now I cannot login in admin and my store is closed, so no orders coming in at all and my customers a freaking out and I don't much blame them. Cs Cart help desk will not help me unless I pay them because they say its not their fault nor there software version. Unbelievable!

I always help people and I'm so glad I do, because it feels so good!

I'm extremely upset with CS Cart and their devilish ways.

Kit

I totally agree with posters here in this forum. CS Cart will rob you blind. They could care less about their customers and I do mean that in every way. I wished I wouldn't had purchased this software, mods and templates. What a waste of money. CS Cart doesn't give a hoot about you, just your money. Whatever country they live in, they do not have a heart!!

I'm moving to Prestashop, which I'm trying out now and like it very well so far. And they have a heart and will help you in their forum and will give you detailed help, not just do this and that and there you go. There is a few people on this forum that will help you such as oleg.gorshkov, eComLabs and tbirnseth but other than these 3 amazing and loving people there wouldn't be any help at all.

I upgraded from 4.71 to 4.81 and now I cannot login in admin and my store is closed, so no orders coming in at all and my customers a freaking out and I don't much blame them. I can't even restore my backup to the earlier working version. I'm just stuck doing without and feel like crying. CS Cart help desk will not help me unless I pay them because they say its not their fault nor there software version. Unbelievable!

I always help people and I'm so glad I do, because it feels so good!

I'm extremely upset with CS Cart and their devilish ways.

Kit

mskitti, you posted the same post twice, that will be 20 credits please :mrgreen:

Seriously tho, people are in business to make money, I dont see what wrong with paying them to fix something so my store can funtion and make ME money.

Very strange.

Sure I agree people are in business to make money. What I disagree with is charging you a large buck to fix a small issue. I would get help from the forum but there is not enough posts to get help, even with a small issue. When you do find a posts that can help, it is not a detailed answer. It's as if we are suppose to know the software. Well, we are learning about cs cart software and how to use it, to fix our own small issues. We learn from the posts we read, but if there is not enough posts, we cannot learn unless it's through trial and error of our own. Most of the post answers are very vivid, extremely vivid. It's as if you should know where files, pages, etc reside and to edit or that we should know what line of code we should edit. There are numerous post answers that are not helpful because it is not a detailed answer for a new user learning the software. So, it leaves most people in a stunned state and give up cs cart software and move on to another.

Its purely a CS cart issue which they are not ready to accept, we have another cs cart website on the same hosting account and it doesn't has any issue in upgrades then how could this store had a server related issue. That's why people think like CS cart peoples are worst in terms of providing technical issue related to a fault in their software. Every support request placed is a money ticket for them

I tried manually updating my cs cart store but its not happening and throwing some error. We contacted A2hosting support and they told that the error doesn't have anything to hosting.

-----------------------------------

After reading this reply, please let us know if it was helpful by using the one-click rating at the bottom.

Hello,

Sorry, it seems that the file you are trying to use is corrupted and nothing to have with the hosting. Please try using some other file that you can find and replicate the issue.

I hope this was helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if anything else is needed.

Best regards,

-----------------------------------------------------------------

But CS cart people still will say that there is nothing wrong with the file. Now where we get the help from. A2Hosting was also sugested by CS cart itself.

Its purely a CS cart issue which they are not ready to accept, we have another cs cart website on the same hosting account and it doesn't has any issue in upgrades then how could this store had a server related issue. That's why people think like CS cart peoples are worst in terms of providing technical issue related to a fault in their software. Every support request placed is a money ticket for them

There are millions of possible server configurations. Maybe a permissions is wrong. Maybe your 2nd store is bigger and the server times out during the upgrade. A file could have been moved to a wrong place, who knows.

You clearly don't know your way around servers and are in over your head. That's fine, so am I often. This is a community forum and we all try to help each other out, but please don't start blaming cs-cart for your incompetence.

Lastly, if I follow your logic: if it was a cs-cart fault the product would also clearly be there on your other installation. Since it's the same script, how could it be a software fault, right?

There are millions of possible server configurations. Maybe a permissions is wrong. Maybe your 2nd store is bigger and the server times out during the upgrade. A file could have been moved to a wrong place, who knows.

You clearly don't know your way around servers and are in over your head. That's fine, so am I often. This is a community forum and we all try to help each other out, but please don't start blaming cs-cart for your incompetence.

Lastly, if I follow your logic: if it was a cs-cart fault the product would also clearly be there on your other installation. Since it's the same script, how could it be a software fault, right?

Thanks for clarify CS cart's stand by being a community forum member. May be that you are not a victim of such issue and thats really good.

For your kind information we have the server checked by the hosting company and they clearly said that its a software fault and server has nothing to do on upgrades.Their technical team had checked my server and found nothing problematic on the server.

Thanks for clarify CS cart's stand by being a community forum member. May be that you are not a victim of such issue and thats really good.

For your kind information we have the server checked by the hosting company and they clearly said that its a software fault and server has nothing to do on upgrades.Their technical team had checked my server and found nothing problematic on the server.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you disable all third-party addons before updating?

There is also a warning with every new update of CS-Cart stating that it will be needed for the next upgrade. Meaning that it is not good to overstep updates.

I repeat: Maybe a permissions is wrong. Maybe your 2nd store is bigger and the server times out during the upgrade. A file could have accidentally been moved to a wrong place, who knows.

This does not mean there is something wrong with your server, therefore your hosting company is right. They however won't dig deeper and as hosting companies do, then they blame the scripts.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you disable all third-party addons before updating?

There is also a warning with every new update of CS-Cart stating that it will be needed for the next upgrade. Meaning that it is not good to overstep updates.

Yes. I've taken care of that

I repeat: Maybe a permissions is wrong. Maybe your 2nd store is bigger and the server times out during the upgrade. A file could have accidentally been moved to a wrong place, who knows.

This does not mean there is something wrong with your server, therefore your hosting company is right. They however won't dig deeper and as hosting companies do, then they blame the scripts.

Today I moved my another CS cart store to my another hosting account but still the issue is as it is. Checked with permissions as well but found no issues.

Not sure what you mean by "manually updating" and "throwing some error" doesn't help either.

:shock: :shock: your host maybe ?, I had a host like this once.

fault.JPG