Is This Very Frequent Error Due To Bug? How To Eliminate?

We get very many of the following error and I have been told that our site is not unique:

[color=#000000][14-Jun-2015 20:56:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dldollt/public_html/app/Tygh/Session.php on line 182[/color]

[color=#000000]Could this be a bug? ​[/color][color=#000000]Any insights appreciated.[/color]

Looks similar to this:

It's not a memory issue but an unreferenced array element. Increasing memory has no effect.

I have several clients where this occurs.

hi,

as workaround you may add a simple PHP empty/isset check to avoid seeing error in logs

the problem itself might be caused by server configuration or users (e.g. bad bots).

we advise to contact CS-Cart support team to check the issue.

best regards,

WSA team

Be nice to fix the cause (or change the logic) versus mask the issue. And also note that doing an isset has to be done as an index + 1 because of the incremental operator being used. So far helpdesk has responded with “clear the cscart_sessions table and disable all 3rd party addons” versus identifying the root-cause of the problem and providing a solution to the cause.

Tony,

Do you happen to have the fix for this? I have a site that is having this issue and would like to clean it up.

Thanks,

Brandon

No I don't. It's been in the bugtracker for years now. Might want to add a confirmation comment so that it might percolate back up the chain. Helpdesk has made many credits on this one stating that it's fixed by clearing a couple of tables, the browser and then re-login. But it doesn't fix the issue. Seems to only occur on sessions that are stale (I.e. haven't been to the site for quite some time). After initial error, it seems to proceed. Happens on first access when not logged in.