Is this possible?

For SEO purposes, you'll be much better off with a folder than a subdomain, specially if you start getting external links to your internal pages (categories, products, etc). So…

yourdomain.com is better than

store.yourdomain.com

which will be considered another domain entirely as far as big G is concerned.

Thanks, keeper, I have been playing around with it, and I think I can get it the way I want, with one installation. After doing some minor modding of templates and adding some blocks and such, I'm getting it presentable. Still not ideal, but something I can work with. I'm in the process of moving the test cart into my root for final testing (used to be shop.mydomain.com/store, now will be www.mydomain.com)…

Thanks again for following…

Back again, going ok but having an issue previously discussed in #12 and following regarding htaccess… to recap, I want anyone typing www.mydomain.com to go to our index.html page (which is a page within cs-cart with seo add-on name as index). Right now, that url goes to index.php as the cart is designed. However, when products and such get indexed by search engines, I still want those links to go to the products directly (which I don't see as a problem, but just want to be clear).

What do I put in my htaccess and where?

[quote name='wwgreen' timestamp='1317764205' post='122921']

Back again, going ok but having an issue previously discussed in #12 and following regarding htaccess… to recap, I want anyone typing www.mydomain.com to go to our index.html page (which is a page within cs-cart with seo add-on name as index). Right now, that url goes to index.php as the cart is designed. However, when products and such get indexed by search engines, I still want those links to go to the products directly (which I don't see as a problem, but just want to be clear).

What do I put in my htaccess and where?

[/quote]

An update, we're fairly live now and have the above issues ironed out. If anyone is still interested or wants to know how it can be done for their site, just message me. I do have it working, and it seems to be very close to what I wanted originally in this thread. Not how I thought it would work, but it does work. Now to add more content and products…

Thank you again for everyone's input and help.

[quote name='wwgreen' timestamp='1317919891' post='123049']

An update, we're fairly live now and have the above issues ironed out. If anyone is still interested or wants to know how it can be done for their site, just message me. I do have it working, and it seems to be very close to what I wanted originally in this thread. Not how I thought it would work, but it does work. Now to add more content and products…

Thank you again for everyone's input and help.

[/quote]

Hi wwgreen, I sent you a PM, just thought I would leave note here in case you were still following this thread.

Thanks

bij,

PM'd you back. Hope it helps to get you started.

Also, the forums here are great for gathering more info and learning, just have to do a little searching and reading. As you can see by this thread and others, there are some great people here volunteering their time and talents to help each other… refreshing to see in our me-myself-I culture.

Best wishes, and keep PM'ing me if you want or posting back here for others to see how things can be done.