Is There a way to Not have a "Name" for Blocks Required?

I don’t wish to have the “name” on my homepage html block be required. Before this latest upgrade, I simply left it blank on the"site layout" . Now I am forced to add a name to the block which shows up on my homepage with that funky gray huge font. I don’t want to name my block. Currently I’ve placed a . in place of the name but now it’s a gray dot over my page. Please tell me there is a way to remove it.

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJoy~

Hi,

Try changing the block wrapper to no wrapper and see what happens. There are several available wrappers when configuring blocks and they give the block different looks.

Bob

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

Try changing the block wrapper to no wrapper and see what happens. There are several available wrappers when configuring blocks and they give the block different looks.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi thank you for responding! I appreciate it. I tried changing the wrappers but the “Name” still demands something inside the space. I have attached a photo to show you. Is there a way to remove the asterick beside the "Name[COLOR=“Red”]*[/COLOR] "

Thank you

AlmondJoy~

Hi,

I think you need a name, but the name won’t show up in the store if you don’t use a wrapper, its just for reference so you know what it is. I have many blocks, If I did not give them a name, I won’t know which is which.

You need the name, but depending on the wrapper, you will either see it or not in the store.

Bob

If no wrapper selected whatever name you give to block it will not appear on front end. Block cannot be unnamed

Yayyyyy Thank you! I took the wrapper off and it works now. Thank you!

AlmondJoy~

[quote name=‘Darius’]If no wrapper selected whatever name you give to block it will not appear on front end. Block cannot be unnamed[/QUOTE]

I normally just hit the space bar inside of the required field and no name appears on the homepage, but I guess your running a different version.

[quote name=‘KBM’]I normally just hit the space bar inside of the required field and no name appears on the homepage, but I guess your running a different version.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how many block you manage in store but if they are space titled doesnt this confuses you?

That was helpful in removing the title/name from the website etc. TY

But … how do you center the title/name? (Shop ver. 2.1.1)

Spaces and HTML code don’t see to work

I assume if it can’t be done in blocks directly, then I would have to tweak the ‘sidebox title’ span code in styles.css?