Is there a way to make options display nicely?

My products have options (and lots of them), fortunately they're basically all the same. I have three categories and the products within each all have the same options.

Problem is, on the admin order screen, checkout page, packing slip and view orders (customer side) the options all display all smushed together. I am looking to see if there is a way to have each option display on its own line or have the type of option bold and the option regular text - something to make it more readable.

Is this do-able? Is this something I can hire out?

Thanks!

Jeanne

Provide a screen shot or link to a page so we can see what you're trying to describe.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1319236612' post='124279']

Provide a screen shot or link to a page so we can see what you're trying to describe.

[/quote]

I tried to do that originally but think I missed clicking the attach after browsing to it. I am doing that now, but it's only the admin screen I am attaching. Everywhere that the order can be viewed (admin panel, customer front end, packing list, etc.) it shows all of the options smushed together instead of on separate lines or in a format that is easy to read.

cscart-options.jpg

I guess I'm not getting it. What page is this screen shot from? Maybe you could provide a link to a product page that shows the issue?

Thats how the options are displayed in admin, your gonna have to live with tha one, but let us see your actual product page.

John

Hi,

I think what Jeanne wants is the way the options were layed out in 1.3.2 version. The options were vertical. CS-Cart then made an unannounced change around this time and made the options display horizontal, as they are now.

I had many options and could not use cs-cart once they changed. I had them make a mod around 1.3.5 or before to fix what they did. They upgraded and the mod did not work.

I now have Joe from the forum fix it for me. Essentially, its just adding a
or multiple
's in the correct location in all of the forms: confirmation page, invoice, admin… anywhere options are shown. This would duplicate the layout in the cart. I am not sure all the areas I had to have Joe Fix. It was just ridiculous after cs-cart made the change. I had 10 text fields all running together along with dropdown options and radio buttons. Could not decipher the orders.

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1319320239' post='124329']

Hi,

I think what Jeanne wants is the way the options were layed out in 1.3.2 version. The options were vertical. CS-Cart then made an unannounced change around this time and made the options display horizontal, as they are now.

I had many options and could not use cs-cart once they changed. I had them make a mod around 1.3.5 or before to fix what they did. They upgraded and the mod did not work.

I now have Joe from the forum fix it for me. Essentially, its just adding a
or multiple
's in the correct location in all of the forms: confirmation page, invoice, admin… anywhere options are shown. This would duplicate the layout in the cart. I am not sure all the areas I had to have Joe Fix. It was just ridiculous after cs-cart made the change. I had 10 text fields all running together along with dropdown options and radio buttons. Could not decipher the orders.

Bob

[/quote]

Yes, Bob - I think this is what I am looking for. I haven't used the 1x version but I am looking to find a way to make the options show in a list rather than all smashed into one group where they can't hardly be read.

The screenshot was from the order in the admin panel, however, it displays like this on the packing list and everywhere else too - everywhere where the order details can be found.

Not sure who Joe is though, can you link me to him?

Thanks!

Jeanne

Joe is his member name joe - Viewing Profile - CS-Cart Community Forums

joe - Viewing Profile - CS-Cart Community Forums

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1319365752' post='124354']

Joe is his member name joe - Viewing Profile - CS-Cart Community Forums

joe - Viewing Profile - CS-Cart Community Forums

John

[/quote]

Thanks John, am going to email him now.

Tried to email John but got a message that he couldn't receive any more messages. Looks like he hasn't posted on the site since March 2011, so he might be away.

Others have asked for add'l screenshots so I am attaching some. I missed getting the one from the view cart page, but I think the ones that I did get will show the problem that I am trying to explain.

The product that I used for these samples is here, though this isn't product specific because all products have the same options, (http://custom-cartoon-gifts.printedperfection.com/teacher-high-school-female.html).

ADMIN ORDER PAGE:

[attachment=4642:csCart-Admin-Order-Page.jpg]

“VIEW ORDER” ON CUSTOMER FRONT END:

[attachment=4643:csCart-Customer-Front-End-View-Order.jpg]

ADMIN INVOICE (LINK TO PRINT PDF INVOICE):

[attachment=4644:csCart-Invoice.jpg]

ADMIN PACKING LIST:

[attachment=4645:csCart-Packing-List.jpg]

csCart-Admin-Order-Page.jpg

csCart-Customer-Front-End-View-Order.jpg

csCart-Invoice.jpg

csCart-Packing-List.jpg

When a customer places an order, he gets an alert to his mailbox with the Invoice. However, I want to change the text from Capitals to Simple of the following texts. How do I do this?

“INVOICE”

“PHONE”

“WEBSITE”

“EMAIL”

“STATUS”

“DATE”

“PAYMENT METHOD”

“SHIPPING METHOD”

Please let me know.