Is there a way to increase the number of products you can edit / add with .csv File?

We have over 2,000 products and counting, but I have found that the .csv file I export from Excel to import into CS-Cart cannot have more than maybe 400 items at a time, or else it just hangs there, acting like it’s still trying to import the products. If I cut the list into about 400 products, then they import the changes and/or new items just fine. So I know for sure it’s not an issue with any of my products or .csv file. Any clue, anyone? :confused:

Thank you muchly!

Susie :smiley:

I had the same problem when I had the site hosted on a shared server. I switched to a VPS and now have no problem importing up to 2,700 parts at a time (that’s all I have so I don’t know what the upper limit is).

Dave

[quote name=‘susie’]We have over 2,000 products and counting, but I have found that the .csv file I export from Excel to import into CS-Cart cannot have more than maybe 400 items at a time, or else it just hangs there, acting like it’s still trying to import the products. If I cut the list into about 400 products, then they import the changes and/or new items just fine. So I know for sure it’s not an issue with any of my products or .csv file. Any clue, anyone? :confused:

Thank you muchly!

Susie :D[/QUOTE]

Hmmm… I don’t know anything about VPS servers. We use GoDaddy, which can be trying at times! :roll:

I was hoping there was some file or something I could edit that would fix it… it doesn’t seem to be a time-out issue, because the long list of products it is updating still shows, and if I try to use the scroll bar to scroll to the beginning of the list of imported products, it pops back down to the bottom as if it’s still planning on importing the next product’s changes and so on. But it never gets beyond doing exactly this, even if I leave it up all night.

I see GoDaddy has them for $29.99 per month on up. Kind of lame to pay that when the only issue I need it for is to not have to split apart my product import .csv file. :rolleyes:

Hi Susie-Q,

Open the config.local.php file in your site and try increasing the values of the following lines:

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set(‘memory_limit’, ‘48M’);

// Set maximum time limit for script execution

@set_time_limit(3600);

Also, try forgetting the name GoDaddy in regards to your hosting needs ASAP, or as soon as your budget allows you to do so, simply not a good choice for your hosting needs!

I like to visit their site twice a year, once to upgrade my SSL certs, and once to see the latest Godaddy girls, however, considering you are a girl, I cannot even recommend you visit their site more than once a year unless of course that is your cup of tea! :wink:

check your php error_log for errors (probably timeouts) occuring during the import.

I can guarantee you that Susie would NOT be a good candidate for a VPS.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]I can guarantee you that Susie would NOT be a good candidate for a VPS.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and also NOT a good candidate for “Godaddy girls,” either! Homey don’t swing that way! :roll:

But I’ll try both of your tips. Thank you very much! :slight_smile: