Is there a way to change the order of my products?

I would like to go in to the products and be able to order them maybe by images, lowest to highest, highest to lowest, or newest product. is there anyway to do that?

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]I would like to go in to the products and be able to order them maybe by images, lowest to highest, highest to lowest, or newest product. is there anyway to do that?[/QUOTE]

I’ve just been doing this on items I want sorted by date of issue. The are option in the admin setting to sort by default, name and some other but I don’t think they will work for you just as they didn’t for me.

I had to leave it at sort by default and then manually put the position options in the products listing. The lower the value you enter the higher the product rides in the category listing.

Not sure what this does to performance but for me it’s a must because for me.

well i figured out how to put a product filter in. and it filters by price.

When i go to the actual website i can sort by default, name, price, most popular, and best selling. but id like to figure out a way to sort it by a picture. cause half my items have pics, half dont, i wanna be able to see what does and what doesnt.

Anyway that is possible at all?

is there maybe a way i can export the products and add like an order list in there maybe?

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]well i figured out how to put a product filter in. and it filters by price.

When i go to the actual website i can sort by default, name, price, most popular, and best selling. but id like to figure out a way to sort it by a picture. cause half my items have pics, half dont, i wanna be able to see what does and what doesnt.

Anyway that is possible at all?[/QUOTE]

You can’t export position as far as I know, but in your case if you want all the none imaged products to drop to the bottom you only have to put a 1 in the POS field for each one without an image - on the products listing in admin. But I think this only works with sort set to default.

[quote name=‘kickoff3pm’]You can’t export position as far as I know, but in your case if you want all the none imaged products to drop to the bottom you only have to put a 1 in the POS field for each one without an image - on the products listing in admin. But I think this only works with sort set to default.[/QUOTE]

so i would have to individually set each product to 1 with an image and not image to like 2 right

[quote name=‘harpersmoto’]so i would have to individually set each product to 1 with an image and not image to like 2 right[/QUOTE]

Sort of, but I think the lower the higher the product so they are all set to “0” already so all you do is set the one with no image to “1”.

Test it with one product to make sure it’s correct. That product should be last is current and the sort option is default.