Is there a fix for 50+ Different Locations Shipping/Tax

I created 50+ County Locations and each County Location has the corresponding Zip Codes to properly calculate Tax Rates.

I setup shipping so that the entire United States Location pays the same Shipping rate. The shipping method is working for every state except for the state with County Locations that has the corresponding Zip Codes.

Is there a way to get the shipping method to work aside from manually inputting the data into each County Location?

Thanks in advance:)

[quote name=‘clothingstore’]I created 50+ County Locations and each County Location has the corresponding Zip Codes to properly calculate Tax Rates.

I setup shipping so that the entire United States Location pays the same Shipping rate. The shipping method is working for every state except for the state with County Locations that has the corresponding Zip Codes.

Is there a way to get the shipping method to work aside from manually inputting the data into each County Location?

Thanks in advance:)[/QUOTE]

Have you tried just using the county and leaving the zip code out?

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Have you tried just using the county and leaving the zip code out?[/QUOTE]

No. If I configure cs-cart to allow the buyer to select their county, the buyer can select a different county to avoid their tax rate. Another problem is that some buyers do not know which county they reside in.

The only way to ensure the order arrives at the right address and for the buyer to pay the proper tax rate is to configure it by tax rate.

Please let me know if I am misinformed or have additional suggestions. Thanks!

I’m in Florida and each county here can have a different tax rate. I broke it down by county and put all the zip codes related to that county for the tax into the county. For shipping I had to make the same rules for each and every county. Seems like a pain in the butt, but this is how the system works so different locations can have different shipping options if required.

[quote name=‘adodric’]I’m in Florida and each county here can have a different tax rate. I broke it down by county and put all the zip codes related to that county for the tax into the county. For shipping I had to make the same rules for each and every county. Seems like a pain in the butt, but this is how the system works so different locations can have different shipping options if required.[/QUOTE]

It is a pain in the butt! Thanks for your 2 cents.