Is my paypal express configured properly?

I upgraded to 3.0.6 and was trying to do a test Paypal Express checkout. I have attached a screenshot of part of the inital paypal screen. It seems that it doesn't pass through the cart content. I do not recall what was displayed prior to the upgrade on 3.0.4, so I am not positive this is correct. Can anyone test their checkout using paypal EXPRESS to see if it passes the cart content to that page?

Review your information.jpg

The configuration of your PayPal Express gateway is wrong. The checkout page should looks like in the screenshot.

paypalexpress.jpeg

Hello idslamyou,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, I have failed to reproduce this issue in my local CS-Cart installation. The problem requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1363852948' post='158332']

Hello idslamyou,

Unfortunately, I have failed to reproduce this issue in my local CS-Cart installation. The problem requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hi Pavel,

I am having the same issues.

I have setup Paypal Checkout.

Underneath 'proceed to checkout' I have a 'pay with paypal' option.

Using this brings up 'you'll be able to see your products when you pay' part on the paypal page like idslamyou's screenshot.

I personally would feel uncomfortable proceeding to pay on a website if I saw this.

If I select the option Paypal Checkout through 'proceed to checkout' it displays:

Current Purchase £20

Item Total £20

Total £20

Could you shed light on why this doesn't actually include more detail such as product Title and size ?

Also, why is it consolidating both product and delivery? - Paypal do not charge their fee on your delivery takings so over time this would be an expensive penatly.

Sorry, perhaps my account isn't configured correctly.

Why does it seem nobody can see my posts or bother to respond?

I haven't been replied to once.

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1363852948' post='158332']

Hello idslamyou,

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

I can't understand you.

this is exactly the same problem here: http://forum.cs-cart…__fromsearch__1

you don't know?

[color=#ff0000]Paypal Express Checkout without details and price[/color]. you said that “maybe”… will be solved someday…here

[quote name='idslamyou' timestamp='1363803229' post='158281']

I upgraded to 3.0.6 and was trying to do a test Paypal Express checkout. I have attached a screenshot of part of the inital paypal screen. It seems that it doesn't pass through the cart content. I do not recall what was displayed prior to the upgrade on 3.0.4, so I am not positive this is correct. Can anyone test their checkout using paypal EXPRESS to see if it passes the cart content to that page?

[/quote]

The problem is cs-cart not your configuration.

this is my thread with the same problem

[quote name='Roto' timestamp='1371319134' post='163669']

The problem is cs-cart not your configuration.

this is my thread with the same problem

[/quote]

What about using the Standard Paypal setup? (No API one)

I have used that, however it's still not displaying product titles on paypal.

And even worse, I believe it is consolidating the value of the cart and the delivery into one bulk fee.

This means I would be charged 3.4% by paypal for every delivery payment. If split it would have only been the the product.

This is frustrating.

I’m using standard and show the price and the details well. the problem is Paypal express checkout module.

[quote name='Roto' timestamp='1371325083' post='163679']

I'm using standard and show the price and the details well. the problem is Paypal express checkout module.

[/quote]

Maybe I'm confused, but surely you wouldn't need the express checkout module?

Why would you want to offer the client that option if

A) They will get the paypal standard option at checkout anyway

B ) You surely want to collect their details/email address etc and ensure the order goes through the CS Order process rather than skipping straight to Paypal?

of course that Express checkout collect too all details.

is better because the process is more fast and easy to the customers.

[quote name='Roto' timestamp='1371327929' post='163689']

of course that Express checkout collect too all details.

is better because the process is more fast and easy to the customers.

http://forum.cs-cart…post__p__163687

[/quote]

That's true.

However in my opinion, I find the paypal underneath the 'proced to checkout' button a bit misleading and undermining to my website.

I had a paypal widget installed on one of my wordpress sites, which I thought required me to set my shipping rates in Paypal. This was also adding to all my CS Cart shipping methods. (Standard)

It wasn't doing so using (Express) due to the API communication only taking into account what CS Cart was instructing.

However luckily, I have found a way of accounting shipping in my Wordpress site, and have as a result taken shipping costs down from inside my paypal.

Which allowed me to resort back to (Paypal Standard).

However, neither Express or Standard mixed with CS Cart, is expressing what I would deem a desirable and satisfactory checkout process.

It's absolutely ridiculous that my products details are not including as details in the paypal payment process. It's even more ridiculous that it enters as one consolidated fee. (I should not be paying 3.4% to paypal for shipping)

If I can amateur-code this stuff through wordpress to include product titles at checkout for free, a £230 piece of software really should be able to do that and more.