Is It Worth Upgrading To Version 4.3.1?

Hello folks,

One of our dear clients doubts that it's a good idea to move from CS-Cart 2 to CS-Cart 4.3.1.
In our opinion, upgrading from version 2 to version 4.3.1 is a wise move. CS-Cart has got tons of improvements since version 2. Here are the biggest ones:

1. Firstly, we greatly optimized our platform, and version 4.3.1 scores 95/100 Google PageSpeed points.

2. The layout manager has become more flexible and logical since ver. 2.

3. Thanks to the built-in Theme editor users can edit colors, fonts, logos, and backgrounds of their storefronts in realtime without a single line of code.

4. We have added the Responsive theme. Stores now look cool on mobile devices, and customers don't have to pinch-zoom the website. Mobile-friendliness is also important for Google search ranking.

5. Checkout has been simplified and now it takes less time to place the order.

6. Since version 2 CS-Cart has got a lot of new addons. For example, the Blog addon allows vendors to make their own blogs inside their stores. The Bestsellers & On-Sale Products add-on has been added and further expanded. We also added the Watermarks, the RSS addons, and others.

7. We have added the Widget mode. This mode allows vendors to embed their stores into any web page (into a blog, or a company web page).

8. CS-Cart 4.2.3 and higher offers an ability to edit content on-site. In this mode, vendors edit content right on the storefront.

9. Since version 2 CS-Cart has got a lot of new storefront styles.

10. Export & import functionality has been improved. In version 4.3.1 users can export and import option variants, combinations, and exceptions. This enhancement simlifies stock accounting and saves much time during catalog updating.

That's not the full list of enhancements. Check our blog for details [url="http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.cs-cart.com%2F&h=HAQFyZkvy&enc=AZPU5g2jn8HUiafR1mEymtjRy3g_3QvWBelDdsr6GixZSx_7rRI3YxuwTUvw9Hui7Lo5pYRLCQ_dSdudoUPX0GQcJXSDXgmzKJrl18TVkJnD7tvomL6uN0Pr_HxkbU9IyduCdZMv6hu7-AARiKAAxkSiRHjNN4jQjSiwwPLG2m31CwHLSy4xRuKNLhHQEhnCACBmY7F464hp0XfKITLEu29V&s=1"]http://blog.cs-cart.com/[/url]

So, what you guys think about the topic? Is it worth upgrading from earlier versions to CS-Cart 4.3.1?

We also would like to know about your favourite features since version 2. What features do you find really useful and what features would you like to see in the future versions?

That's a nice list of new features but i think your “dear client” was probably inquiring about how stable 4.3.1 is.? Even though 2.2.5 is outdated, there has not been a more stable release since.

If you would pay more attention to feature requests cs-cart would be best cart ever!

Setup two stores one 2x second 4x with same content, check how easy it is to narrow to needed product, place order and process order. Sure 4x is better but if you got live profitable 2x site with custom design does it worth risk google seo rankings in in upgrade, not sure.

The main idea of this product is for end customer to make sale, ease of use, for seller conveniently present product and process order and paperwork. In other words there’s lots of room for improvement.

Image newbie comes to developers site.

1. no way to edit invoice
  2. base currency euro cannot export product to US ebay
  3. no way to set 0% tax (europe)

Regarding design and overall functionality, I think cs-cart backend most time is more modern the front end :D

PS

I have very much for a long time that I cannot merge description and features tab together, having them separate with little info does not look well.

Until this major issue is fixed, I would say it is not wise to upgrade: http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5812-cs-cart-keeps-changing-unique-urls/

4.3.1 doesn't seem very stable, so at the very least wait a few more bug fix releases.

In terms of functionality in general I do think that CSC4 has a lot of very nice things to offer.

Its a shame that many of the positive things that I can list about CS-Cart 4 are features that have been implemented partially. Like rich snippets, volumetric weight shipments, better URL structure, one page checkout, etc.

While CS-Cart 4 has many more awesome features, it would not hurt to see more emphasis on quality, polish. I rather have half the features but very well implemented, than everything at once hastily implemented.

4.3.1 is the most advance shopping system available; )

[color=#141823][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]7. We have added the Widget mode. This mode allows vendors to embed their stores into any web page (into a blog or even into [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Facebook[/font][/color][color=#141823][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]).[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]How does this differ from [/font][/color]

[size=4]CS-Cart Facebook App[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] subscription (if ordered separately costs $90/year)[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]being offered with the 12 month Subscription License ??[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can the Widget Mode be used instead of the Facebook App ?[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am confused.[/font][/color]

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]7. We have added the Widget mode. This mode allows vendors to embed their stores into any web page (into a blog or even into [/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Facebook[/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]).[/font]
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]How does this differ from [/font]
[size=4]CS-Cart Facebook App[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] subscription (if ordered separately costs $90/year)[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]being offered with the 12 month Subscription License ??[/font][/size]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Can the Widget Mode be used instead of the Facebook App ?[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I am confused.[/font]

I have the same question. What are the differences? Does either method allow customization as to what will actually go on to facebook or does one's whole store and setup (menus, filters, etc.) just go as is?

I have the same question. What are the differences? Does either method allow customization as to what will actually go on to facebook or does one's whole store and setup (menus, filters, etc.) just go as is?

The same question. After answering we will know, is it worth or not?

Hello guys,

Unfortunatey, you cannot insert the widget code directly to Facebook. To to that, you'll need the Facebook app that works similarly to Widget Mode.

The Facebook app is the only way to embed your store into Facebook. Sorry that we confused you.