Is It Worth Moving to CS-Cart v.2?

Hi,

I’m still using 1.3.5 and haven’t changed mainly due to the lack of an update script which I think is a ridiculous oversight by CS-Cart who should be looking after existing customers.

Anyway, I’m curious to know what you all think of v.2, does it offer any worthwhile improvements over 1.3.5?

Regards,

Graham.

[quote name=‘GT40Graham’]Hi,

I’m still using 1.3.5 and haven’t changed mainly due to the lack of an update script which I think is a ridiculous oversight by CS-Cart who should be looking after existing customers.

Anyway, I’m curious to know what you all think of v.2, does it offer any worthwhile improvements over 1.3.5?

Regards,

Graham.[/QUOTE]

I am on 135 also, will not move until db converting script is released. Also too many bugs currently on 2.0

I’m currently testing CS 2 on my laptop (localhost) I’ve noticed its really slowwwwwww.

Ok part of that is probably its running on a laptop but I’m testing a few other carts and they run quite well.

There are quite a lot of posters (not just on this site) that are complaining of the speed but no-one at CSHQ seems to think its an issue.

Its the one thing that will stop me from going with CS I think.

Its a bloody shame as apart from the speed issue its brilliant.

I don’t’ seem to have any problems with speed, even when I was on shared hosting with 30,000+ accounts my CS store was pretty fast, even faster then even now sometimes…

im scared to death to upgrade!. i read on another thread that someone was down for hours beacuse the upgrade failed and ruined his install.

[quote name=‘giftedwon’]im scared to death to upgrade!. i read on another thread that someone was down for hours beacuse the upgrade failed and ruined his install.[/quote]

Professionals don’t always have these issues lol

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I don’t’ seem to have any problems with speed, even when I was on shared hosting with 30,000+ accounts my CS store was pretty fast, even faster then even now sometimes…[/QUOTE]

Hi

I’m probably totally wrong and dont want to appear rude but whenever someone says that CS is slow, a member of the dev team always appears to say that their installation is great.

Who do you lot host with ?

I might ask them to install a bog standard CS Cart and do some timings on it.

As I said, I think CS is great and you could have my money tomorrow, but a slow loading site is lost sales = lost money = me being peed off !

regards

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Professionals don’t always have these issues lol[/QUOTE]

And by “professionals” you mean…who?

I will not upgrade. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it with something that ain’t fixed yet.

I think Jesse is referring to the fact that an experienced professional would do a test installation and upgrade and make sure all the bugs are worked out before migrating live and then having a “down” store for hours trying to scramble to get it back live.

Just my $.02

Well I suppose I should add my pennies worth about upgrading. I too am running it on a local server and the two do not compare in terms of functionality. As for speed I can see no difference.

One thing I would like to say is the more you get to grips with the new version the more you warm to it, though as with all things there is room for improvement depending on your specific needs.

With regards to the update script I agree that the release should have waited until this was included as it appears to be putting users off which is a shame as the more who use it the better it becomes.

Me, well I was going to upgrade, however I am still sitting on the fence somewhat which is a shame as it really could show it full potential.

Personally I feel it has many great features, but I get the feeling the more I get to grips with it that the array of options could have been made far better - by this I mean the functionality.

My advice, run it locally and have a play to bring yourself up-to-speed simply because it is not like version 1.3.x which is just as good in its own right…

Like Roban says “If it isn’t broke don’t fix it”, so wait 3 months then move.

To sum up then, does it have a wider range of options that everyone will enjoy? Well my opinion is that is marginal. Do the options surpass version 1.3. x? I again don’t personally think so. Is there room for improvement? Hugely.

[quote name=‘Demon Templates’]With regards to the update script I agree that the release should have waited until this was included as it appears to be putting users off which is a shame as the more who use it the better it becomes.[/QUOTE]

As a newcomer to CS-Cart, I have no use for an update script and am glad the 2.0.3 release wasn’t held up pending that. Just my 2¢.

Glen

[quote name=‘Demon Templates’]Well I suppose I should add my pennies worth about upgrading. I too am running it on a local server and the two do not compare in terms of functionality. As for speed I can see no difference.

One thing I would like to say is the more you get to grips with the new version the more you warm to it, though as with all things there is room for improvement depending on your specific needs.

With regards to the update script I agree that the release should have waited until this was included as it appears to be putting users off which is a shame as the more who use it the better it becomes.

Me, well I was going to upgrade, however I am still sitting on the fence somewhat which is a shame as it really could show it full potential.

Personally I feel it has many great features, but I get the feeling the more I get to grips with it that the array of options could have been made far better - by this I mean the functionality.

My advice, run it locally and have a play to bring yourself up-to-speed simply because it is not like version 1.3.x which is just as good in its own right…

Like Roban says “If it isn’t broke don’t fix it”, so wait 3 months then move.

To sum up then, does it have a wider range of options that everyone will enjoy? Well my opinion is that is marginal. Do the options surpass version 1.3. x? I again don’t personally think so. Is there room for improvement? Hugely.[/QUOTE]

This is off topic, but I love the fact that you sell cubecart templates with cscart software! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘KBM’]This is off topic, but I love the fact that you sell cubecart templates with cscart software! :p[/QUOTE]

As opposed to Cubecart stores selling CS templates I take it! Though each to their own CS is a very good cart for my needs with nearly everything I require. Cube is also good, but lacks many things without paying for the mods and their pricing system is a little steep in comparison. I think this answers your comments…