Is CS cart suitable for my client site?

1. Yes.

2. No problem - you can do this with user groups. You can give each group a certain discount and the shop will show these prices which are calculated based on the normal price. For example. you can have a wholesale group that gets 40% on brand x, 45% on brand y, or category, or… anything is possible really and it’s very easy.

3. You can import CSV files without any problem. With the user group / discount system you only need to have one price per product.

4. Local bank is no problem at all. Local payment gateway: there might be one in cs-cart that supports what you want. Skrill/moneybookers has loads of local payment options. If that doesn’t suffice you might have to develop it yourself. (ask on this forum - there are many people who can do that for you)

Shipping: yes you can setup your own shippers.

5. Once the shop is really finished it should be possible to run on it’s own. However… you can’t expect a non-tech savvy user to never need you again. If I were you, I’d try to get a service contract that includes something like 3 hours of work per month + pro-active support. This will also secure a moneyflow coming your way.

6. This is one of the shortcomings of cs-cart. Because it’s not a saas based business model and cs-cart team is not very outgoing (they should make add-on for crm systems like Capsule CRM, mailchimp, Xero.com - this would be their best marketing strategy if you ask me) there are not many integrations ready. Mail is no problem (we are using google apps) of course. With ez-ms mailchimp add-on, having great mailing lists is also not a problem.

Accounting wise, you can export just about anything from cs-cart but there is no real-time connection with Xero for example (I know some people are working on this though).

cs-cart is a good choice, because the software is yours you can tweak it as much as you can and make it work for just about everybody. It’s also not as server heavy and magento and much easier to use and tweak.

Hope this helps.

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1344316385’ post=‘142345’]

1. Yes.

2. No problem - you can do this with user groups. You can give each group a certain discount and the shop will show these prices which are calculated based on the normal price. For example. you can have a wholesale group that gets 40% on brand x, 45% on brand y, or category, or… anything is possible really and it’s very easy.

3. You can import CSV files without any problem. With the user group / discount system you only need to have one price per product.

4. Local bank is no problem at all. Local payment gateway: there might be one in cs-cart that supports what you want. Skrill/moneybookers has loads of local payment options. If that doesn’t suffice you might have to develop it yourself. (ask on this forum - there are many people who can do that for you)

Shipping: yes you can setup your own shippers.

5. Once the shop is really finished it should be possible to run on it’s own. However… you can’t expect a non-tech savvy user to never need you again. If I were you, I’d try to get a service contract that includes something like 3 hours of work per month + pro-active support. This will also secure a moneyflow coming your way.

6. This is one of the shortcomings of cs-cart. Because it’s not a saas based business model and cs-cart team is not very outgoing (they should make add-on for crm systems like Capsule CRM, mailchimp, Xero.com - this would be their best marketing strategy if you ask me) there are not many integrations ready. Mail is no problem (we are using google apps) of course. With ez-ms mailchimp add-on, having great mailing lists is also not a problem.

Accounting wise, you can export just about anything from cs-cart but there is no real-time connection with Xero for example (I know some people are working on this though).

cs-cart is a good choice, because the software is yours you can tweak it as much as you can and make it work for just about everybody. It’s also not as server heavy and magento and much easier to use and tweak.

Hope this helps.

[/quote]

Very well said :)