Is BlueHost Enough for CS Cart 3.0.4 and Above?

somebody told me that ,i need to change my Bluehost to a VPS with more than 1GB memory.

i have about 600 models at the moment, will be less than 2000 models in the future,each model have 1-4 pitures.

So do i really need to change?

Hard to say without being able to analyze the site in question. Your current sites look to be performing fine on your current host.

Your home page is averaging 250kB on load. Have you performed any optimizations on your 2.2.5 sites?

If you utilized a CDN for images and static content, you may be able to stay with a business class shared setup. Personally I wouldn't if I were running a site that large simply because the TOS for shared hosts say they can shut you down without any notice and leave you twisting in the wind.

Dear ticeholdings, thanks for your reply.

YES ,currently it works ok,but products may be double in next month.

If you are expecting your product catalog to double in size, you may see a benefit by switching hosts. But as ticeholdings said, your current site is running quite well. The move to a VPS with over a GB of memory will naturally increase your monthly costs and cut into your profits, you should examine the pros and cons of moving now, versus moving everything over down the road when you may truly need it, and then make your decision that way.

Everybody has a preferred hosting company/method and only you can really determine what is best for your business.

[quote name='DRodrigues' timestamp='1353013145' post='149299']

If you are expecting your product catalog to double in size, you may see a benefit by switching hosts. But as ticeholdings said, your current site is running quite well. The move to a VPS with over a GB of memory will naturally increase your monthly costs and cut into your profits, you should examine the pros and cons of moving now, versus moving everything over down the road when you may truly need it, and then make your decision that way.

Everybody has a preferred hosting company/method and only you can really determine what is best for your business.

[/quote]

Dear DRodrigues ,thank you very much for advice.Know how to do now.