Irish Post Zip Coes

How is anyone working round the post code input for Ireland deliveries.

Republic of Ireland dont use post codes and CS has no option as std for removing the post code field when shipping to Ireland, we get a lot of customers calling querying this and we tell them just to put in 0000. Anyone have a better work round.

Thanks

John

I haVE done this for UK stores before, currently trying to set billing/shipping name as already specified if Guest checkout is used. This is roughly what I did…

/skins/yourskin/customer/views/profiles/components/profile_fields.tpl

Find code for Zip field, add an if statement to include some dynamic code for displaying the post code field and setting a default value:

In V3, from a standard install, Zip/Post Code gets ID = 26 (thus, the select has id=elm_26, check the ID in Profile Fields admin page just in case but it's always the same ID in all my V3 installs). Create an if, using field.field_id = 26, then display the code…setting the where field_id=26 to a default value (eg, Not Applicable), else, show default fields with default values.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1365872432' post='159943']

I haVE done this for UK stores before, currently trying to set billing/shipping name as already specified if Guest checkout is used. This is roughly what I did…

/skins/yourskin/customer/views/profiles/components/profile_fields.tpl

Find code for Zip field, add an if statement to include some dynamic code for displaying the post code field and setting a default value:

In V3, from a standard install, Zip/Post Code gets ID = 26 (thus, the select has id=elm_26, check the ID in Profile Fields admin page just in case but it's always the same ID in all my V3 installs). Create an if, using field.field_id = 26, then display the code…setting the where field_id=26 to a default value (eg, Not Applicable), else, show default fields with default values.

[/quote]

Hi stellar bytes,

Your knowledge seems admirable!

I would happily cut out the request for post code from customer at calculate shipping part.

I want to do offer weight based shipping for Domestic and International. I will rely on the billing and shipping to let them put in their details.

Could you let me know what that code would look like and where to squish it in on dreamweaver?

And alongside this, the current manual weight based shipping is working for me on my default localization

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:6969]

On my international shipping it is not working at all.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:6970]

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1365854244' post='159931']

How is anyone working round the post code input for Ireland deliveries.

Republic of Ireland dont use post codes and CS has no option as std for removing the post code field when shipping to Ireland, we get a lot of customers calling querying this and we tell them just to put in 0000. Anyone have a better work round.

Thanks

John

[/quote]

Hi John,

I assume you have localization set up, with localization on products, pages, categories etc.

Make sure in locations Ireland is set.

In locations.

I have managed to get wild cards to work for english postcodes (see image above) by using

??? EO125PU

??? ??? EO1 25PU

??? ??? EO12 5PU

So I'm assuming entering

? -

?? no

??? none

would combat people not knowing what to put in.

I personally am starting to get concerned the cart is not showing positive signs of being accessible or intuitive.