Invoice editing

Is there an easy way to add things to the invoice?

I’m wanting to add weekly/monthly promo info to the bottom but without having to edit the template all the time

Does anyone know how to do this?

Add a language variable such as {$lang.marketing_invoice_footer} into mail/order.tpl

create a language variable in the admin(languages) called “marketing_invoice_footer” and add the marketing text into that field, so long as you update the language variable so often it will be generated with the invoice :slight_smile: (Also works for images)

Jesse, thx for that response, by “works for images” do you mean we can add images to the invoice too?

I have been looking for this

JOhn

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Jesse, thx for that response, by “works for images” do you mean we can add images to the invoice too?

I have been looking for this

JOhn[/QUOTE]

Yes you can it’s as simple as adding your html to the language value.

Thanks Jesse this is just what I wanted :grin:

Sorry I didnt explain myself clear enough, I was looking to get product images of the codes ordered to appear in the invoice.

thanks

JOhn

You could review product_images.tpl under /common_templates/ and recycle some of that code. I personally suggest against it as it increases email sizes

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]Add a language variable such as {$lang.marketing_invoice_footer} into mail/order.tpl

create a language variable in the admin(languages) called “marketing_invoice_footer” and add the marketing text into that field, so long as you update the language variable so often it will be generated with the invoice :slight_smile: (Also works for images)[/QUOTE]

I can’t find order.tpl, where in mail do I find order.tpl?

/mail/orders/invoice.tpl

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]/mail/orders/invoice.tpl[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much.