Inventory tracking

I am just a new user to CS Cart and I am currently testing 2.0 beta.

I have found that after applying options to products and successfully entering inventory quantities for each option, that these are not tracked after selecting “track with options” on main product page.

eg. Size small = 5, mediium = 10 etc etc.

Then when this is viewed from the front end, the stock holding is not displaying correctly.

So, I ask the question, is it something i am doing wrong, or is this a bug? :confused:

[quote name=‘gh0st’]I am just a new user to CS Cart and I am currently testing 2.0 beta.

I have found that after applying options to products and successfully entering inventory quantities for each option, that these are not tracked after selecting “track with options” on main product page.

eg. Size small = 5, mediium = 10 etc etc.

Then when this is viewed from the front end, the stock holding is not displaying correctly.

So, I ask the question, is it something i am doing wrong, or is this a bug? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You are doing everything right. If you go to the product detail page, there the recalculation In Stock will depend on the selected option and the inventory set for it. But if you go to the search page or category page, the recalculation In Stock won’t work. Sorry for this error. We will fix it.

Thank you.

I am not sure that I understand this but what I think you are saying is this doesn’t actually work - it’s a bug and you are going to fix it?

I’ve been trying to figure this out for weeks - maybe I’m not understanding correctly

[url]http://sandbox.kwlds.com/cart2/black-personalized-decorative-cork-bulletin-boards.html[/url]

This is my issue.

I have gone in and set each size - to have the amout that each size has in inventory - but the drop down to change sizes - doesn’t change anything.

If anyone has successfully done this - I would really appreciate some help.

I know that most of you know my partner, Luckdragon, who has given lots of help in here - and these are our clients. I am prepared to move all of my customers to CS-cart and thought I was just about done with this one, only to find this bug…so please, right direction asap!

Thanks so much

Lorri

Hi Lorri,

Yes luckdragon is certainly an asset to this forum. I hope he is doing well since I haven’t seen him around. He isn’t available to help you out?

This section is for the 2.0 beta version of CS-Cart which should not be used for a live store because it is in testing and having the bugs worked out.

I do not know what version you are using but if it’s an earlier version and luckdragon isn’t available, then I would suggest posting a new thread with your concern in the bug section of the forum. I would say post it in the bug tracker but it seems support is ignoring that for now because they are focused on 2.0 at the moment.

Edit: I took a look at your link and I am not sure what you’re problem is? The only thing I can see is that nothing is in stock. What exactly is it that is supposed to change?

Sorry about it being in this forum - I have just been wasting time for close to 3 weeks trying to figure this all out and just searched for track with options

That “is” the problem - the products are in stock and it’s not being read

MikeFold has been trying to help me (thank you) - but said he doesn’t see that I did anything wrong…so I’m still at a loss

Thank you

Lorri