integrating a blog (joomla) into Cs-cart

would like to know if anyone had any integrations done to get joomla into cs-cart

I'll bite the bullet and say I'm not sure why you would want to andt Joomla is not the friendliest of applications to hook into.

It would ultimately depend on what your goal is for the integration.

Joomla is not a blogging platform and in terms of SEO is runs a distant second to Wordpress.

From a CMS point-of-view I CS-Cart is flexible enough to handle content without a 3rd party application.

If you want better SEO you could run Wordpress and have CS-Cart set up as a secondary application in a subdomain to handle the products.

Interesting question vanderex and I tend to agree with requincreative.

However, I would normally expect the question to be 'has anyone integrated CS-Cart into Joomla?' rather than the other way round. Now I happen to really like Joomla and using a Template creator it can be a real 'quick and dirty' way get a site on-line and it works well for high content sites with lots of updates. When it comes to Joomla integrated shopping carts, there are some good ones - HikaShop is very good with fantastic support and Mijosoft's integration of OpenCart works well.

I guess one could try to work on integrating CS-Cart in Joomla but, and this is where I completely agree with requincreative, CS-Cart has fairly mature and flexible CMS capabilities which allow for most content scenarios and almost render any attempts to integrate it within another CMS as, perhaps, fairly pointless?

I've actually chosen to run with CS-Cart (3.0.x) Pro over Joomla 2.5.x for employer's current e-commerce project based upon the previous points and having travelled a path of trying MijoShop and Hikashop Paid versions, just could not get to where I needed for this project going down the Joomla/intgrated cart route.

In a nutshell, imho, if it's mostly content I would go with Joomla; if it's mostly e-commerce I'd stick with CS-Cart…

There is a Joomla Extension [url=“http://www.thakkertech.com/products/joomla-extensions/plugin/joomla-cs-cart-integration-via-jfusion-detail.html#”]http://www.thakkertech.com/products/joomla-extensions[/url]

[color=#727272][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]This plugin will create a user integration between Joomla and CS-Cart via jFusion.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#727272][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]* All user data that is stored in Joomla gets transferred in CS-Cart[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#727272][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]* If you have installed JomSocial then your JomSocial user's corresponding data will also be transferred to CS-Cart at the time of registration.[/size][/font][/color]

Mm… looks interesting! No reviews / ratings on Joomla Extensions site and “Last Update: 2012-08-30” whereas most of the other commercial extensions have updates in Jan/Feb 2013 so I wonder how much dev/support work going into it?