Seems to be plenty of insurance offerings around if you are a vendor, but not so much for the owner of the site. I am after any recommendations please, I'm in Australia but I suspect others would be interested if you know of one that operates in a particular country.
I am suspecting there isn't any ready to go packages so if that is the case and I have to buy a few, what types of cover do you have and what could go wrong/needs to be covered? (Again context is marketplace owner/operator not vendor), my thoughts are:
What are the risks? (spitballing)
1. Cyber attack resulting corruption or loss of data e.g. ransomware
2. Incompetence resulting in corruption or loss of data e.g. upgrade to new version that has bug not flushed out in testing.
3. Inability to deliver the percieved to be promised service e.g. resulting from sickness or injury (Iam a soler operator).
4. Service level dispute: e.g. vendor claims feature isn't as promised with resulting legal battle
4. Causing damage or injury to someone or something whilst tyring to sell my product e.g. run over propective vendor
TYPES OF INSURANCE (that may be relevant)
" ... protection against cyber-attacks, such as computer hacking, ransomware or data theft"
"Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business against claims resulting from accidents or injuries that occur as result of your business activities, as well as accidental damage to property owned or controlled by someone else."
"Product Liability means your legal liability in respect of personal injury or property damage caused by or arising out of any products or the reliance upon a representation or warranty made at any time with respect to such products; but only where such personal injury or property damage happens after physical possession of such products has been relinquished to other"
Directors Insurance? Business Continuity?