Installing Cs Cart - Mysql Settings Are Not Valid?

Hi

Installing a fresh install of CS Cart on a brand new server.

I'm getting

MySQL settings are not valid

Could not create database

I'm inputting the MySQL details exactly as they are. I've even deleted the DB and as I've re created it in CPanel, copied the name, pass etc straight into the CS Cart installer.

Whats up?

Sorted

Hi dear, i am also getting the same (MySQL settings are not valid) (Could not connect to database)

i have installed it on my pc using xampp and its working fine, but on the remote server its not going to install. so can you tell me how you sorted that issue, Thanks.

[quote name='groundlessfears' timestamp='1438576291' post='225319']

Hi dear, i am also getting the same (MySQL settings are not valid) (Could not connect to database)

i have installed it on my pc using xampp and its working fine, but on the remote server its not going to install. so can you tell me how you sorted that issue, Thanks.

[/quote]

groundlessfears, I would recommend to use “Quote”. In this case the owner of the message you are quoting will get an email with your question.

Hello!

I'm trying to install cs-cart on my pc (localhost with wamp). I get the message MySQL settings are not valid Could not connect to databaseThe URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work

I've tried to follow the instructions but i'm not really experienced..can anyone please help me?

Thanks!!

Bump this for an answer. Having same issue, can't for the life of me remember what I did last time.

FYI We were caught up in the big 123-Reg crash and are struggling to back up.

Hello!

I'm trying to install cs-cart on my pc (localhost with wamp). I get the message MySQL settings are not valid Could not connect to databaseThe URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work

I've tried to follow the instructions but i'm not really experienced..can anyone please help me?

Thanks!!

Bump this for an answer. Having same issue, can't for the life of me remember what I did last time.

FYI We were caught up in the big 123-Reg crash and are struggling to back up.

The "MySQL settings are not valid Could not connect to database" error means that script can not connect to the database using the provided credentials. Please double-check MySQL settings (host, database name and username), whether they are entered correctly.

The "The URL rewrite engine is disabled. Subpath-based storefront URLs will not work" message indicates that the URL rewrite engine is not installed or disabled on your server. This affects the SEO add-on functionality. Please contact your server administrator and make sure that the mod_rewrite Apache module is installed on the server. Also, please make sure that directives from the .htaccess file are supported.

All details are 100% correct. Still get "MySQL settings are not valid Could not connect to database"

Do you have privileges to access the db?
If you have created a new user in cpanel xou gave also to assign privileges.

Try to connect from the command line:

mysql -u[username] -p[pasword] [database_name]

Ok this was our issue and how we fixed it.

Our host had recently deleted our VPS along with a load of others. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36072240

When we got the VPS back my colleague re setup CPanel but with different creditals from when I did it a year ago.

So because the name of the CPanel Admin was different from when we first setup it wouldn't connect. Changed it back to the original and it connected.

Using your cPanel credentials for your application DB access is probably not a very good idea from a security standpoint. Would strongly suggest that you create a speicific DB user for cs-cart. The reason being that if you ever have a breach, someone can't compromise your entire cPanel account because they got the DB credentials from config.local.php. If that user/pass only applies to your cs-cart DB, then you are not giving away the keys to the kingdom.

This would also have been preserved when your cPanel credentials changed as well as NOT being affected if/when you change your cPanel password.

I second that... each DB should use a different log/pass .. this is especially true for any dev/beta builds.

Just so were clear, CS Cart's DB user and pass are completley different from any details to access CPanel.

For example. 1 year ago DB user is called user123 + pass and CPanel was cpanel123 + pass

Then, a few days ago, my collegue creates a new CPanel called cpaneladmin and then DB user I recreate is still called user123.

Because the usernames to access CPanel were different, the database wouldn't connect. Not because the names of the DB user were different etc.