Installation Issue - Error_Occured

Server: Windows 2008 R2 - IIS 7

Database: MySQL 5.5.27

PHP: 5.3.1.0

CS Cart: Ultimate 3.X.X ( just purchased)

I am doing a complete new install (without the demo database).

When I get to the screen after the skins have been successfully installed (click the next button), I believe its the license section I get a blank browser screen with a message showing:

Error_occurred

I am not sure if its a permission issue; I have set all users to complete read/write access to the entire cart directory and still no luck.

What is odd is that if I attempt to install the demo data it errors at creation of the database portion.

Creating demo catalog:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

[color=#000000][font=Courier][size=3]Error_occurred[/size][/font][/color]

Your thoughts?

… 

First thing would be to check the server error logs

Hello Similar Problem.

Creating demo catalog:

[color=#000000]. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .[/color][color=#000000]

[font=Courier][size=3]Error_occurred[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000]

[font=Courier][size=3]Please Help[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000]

[font=Courier][size=3]regards,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000]

[font=Courier][size=3]Kumaresan[/size][/font][/color]

Hello all,

Thank you for your messages.

I am sorry to hear that all of you have experienced this problem. In order to understand the exact reason for this problem I suggest that you should do the following:

1. Open the config.php file located in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation.
  2. Add the following line of code:

define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

below this one:

if ( !defined('AREA') ) { die('Access denied'); }

and save the file.

3) Run the installation wizard one more time.

After this you should see a detailed description of the error occurred. Please make a screenshot of it or copy its text and paste it here so that I could check the error and provide you with the appropriate solution.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi.

I am having similar issue.

Just tried to update a 2.1.4 version to 2.2.1.

After the upgrade i am getting “error occured”

Followed your instructions and i am getting this screenshot

[color=#000000]

[font=Courier][size=3]Database error:[/size][/font] Unknown column 'edition_type' in 'where clause' b[/b]

[font=Courier][size=3]Invalid query:[/size][/font] SELECT option_name, value, section_id, subsection_id, option_type FROM cscart_settings WHERE 1 AND is_global = 'Y' AND (FIND_IN_SET('ROOT', edition_type) OR FIND_IN_SET('PRO:ROOT', edition_type))[/color][color=#000000]

[font=Courier][size=3]Backtrace:[/size][/font][/color] File: /home/xxx/public_html/eshop2/core/fn.database.php Line: 263 Function: db_error File: /home/xxx/public_html/eshop2/core/fn.database.php Line: 33 Function: db_query File: /home/xxx/public_html/eshop2/core/fn.common.php Line: 954 Function: db_get_array File: /home/xxx/public_html/eshop2/init.php Line: 136 Function: fn_get_settings File: /home/xxx/public_html/eshop2/admin.php Line: 24 Function: require

Any suggestions?

Hello dimaretx,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this problem. It seems that the edition_type column is missing in the cscart_settings table of your database. You can add this column manually by yourself or contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period. Our technical support engineer will be happy to assist you regarding this matter.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Same issue with me but I got different error

Hello Markman1,

Thank you for your message.

Please make a screen shot of the error or copy its text and paste it here so that I could check the error and provide you with the appropriate solution.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

OK, here's how i fixed it. I took your advise and turned “Strict Mode” off in MySQL. (FYI I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 and MySQL 5.6.11) . As suggested went to this link http://nickbartlett.com/wordpress/how-to-turn-off-mysql-strict-mode/ and was able to complete the installation. Thank you,