Initial Order ID Value

I have a client www.ravenodara.com that wants to change his order numbers to reflect a higher number. He changed the INITIAL ORDER ID VALUE to 2009121 and when the next order was placed it said the order number was 16.

Is there a way to change the order numbers so that they start at 2009121 and go up from there?

Let m know…

Thanks…

Joel

I just tested this by changing the initial order ID value to 2009121 and it worked perfectly. Verify that he entered the value correctly and hit the “Save” button.

Bob

We must be talking about two different things then… because I just checked his orders and I see order number 15 and order number 16. He’s asking me to make it so that the next order will show up as order number 2009122. Is the order number the same thing as the initial order ID? If not… How do you change the order numbers?

you’ve got to change the “key increment value” via the database (phpmyadmin)

So then the initial order ID is what then? So if I understand you correctly changing the order numbers is not something that the cart does as a standard function and would require additinional programming?

[quote name=‘getjoel’]So then the initial order ID is what then? So if I understand you correctly changing the order numbers is not something that the cart does as a standard function and would require additinional programming?[/QUOTE]

Getjoel,

The “Initial order ID value” under the Setting: General is designed to give you a number from which your order IDs start from. According to the User Manual on page 197 it says:

[QUOTE]- Initial order ID value - enter order ID (integer number) that will be given to the

next order placed in your store. The number cannot be less than maximum order ID

existing in the store.[/QUOTE]

If it is not worked like that, you should submit a Bug ([url]CS-Cart Community Forums) or contact support through the Help desk (http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com/).

Hope that helps.

Adam

I’m not saying there’s a bug… I’m just trying to make sure I understand the feature correctly. We changed the initial order ID to 2009122 and the next order that came through was order number 16. Is that just because he already had orders and this feature only changes the first order and that’s it? Meaning… If he deletes all of his orders and then changes the initial order id to 2009122… Does that mean the next order will be order number 2009123 or am I not understanding this correctly?

Just to let you know… I’m still looking for clarification on this… See my previous post.

I think you have to change it in the db. But another thing is that, as a official business company you are not allowed to change order numbers because of VAT government rules. I don’t know how in the USA but in several EU countries it is not allowed. Maybe that is the point, why it’s so.

Re-read Adam’s post. It sounds like it’s not working, so a bug report should be filed. I think I recall the initial order ID setting did not work for me either, but it’s super easy to change it in mysql so I just did that and moved on.

My order number is totally randomize, but starts with a site code such as ‘IW’

Had to modify a few database tables and multiple scripts.

Because the stupid database table only allows for integers and the scripts assumes it’s just integers.

Will probably break everytime I upgrade. :cry:

[quote name=‘getjoel’]I have a client www.ravenodara.com that wants to change his order numbers to reflect a higher number. He changed the INITIAL ORDER ID VALUE to 2009121 and when the next order was placed it said the order number was 16.

Is there a way to change the order numbers so that they start at 2009121 and go up from there?

Let m know…

Thanks…

Joel[/quote]

I changed it direct in the db, it works fine.

[quote name=‘hyteckit’]My order number is totally randomize, but starts with a site code such as ‘IW’

Had to modify a few database tables and multiple scripts.

Because the stupid database table only allows for integers and the scripts assumes it’s just integers.

Will probably break everytime I upgrade. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I would like to have my INITIAL ORDER ID with letters and numbers for example SDB 00001 , can somebody write short manual how can I change my DB to solve this out… thank You

[quote name=‘arunas@simonaitis.lt’]I would like to have my INITIAL ORDER ID with letters and numbers for example SDB 00001 , can somebody write short manual how can I change my DB to solve this out… thank You[/QUOTE]

Anyone? Pls…

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]you’ve got to change the “key increment value” via the database (phpmyadmin)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Where in the databse should can this be changed?

Thanks

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1260193629' post='63436']

you've got to change the “key increment value” via the database (phpmyadmin)

[/quote]

Where do I find this in my database?