Information needed on upload time

Hi, community members, recently I uploaded CS-Cart file to my “public_html” directory via FileZilla, it nearly took more than 3 hours to upload and took more than hour to set the permission is it common for all of you. My bandwidth speed is 256 up and 500 down with static IP. Thanks a lot in advance.

[quote name=‘Sateesh Patil’]Hi, community members, recently I uploaded CS-Cart file to my “public_html” directory via FileZilla, it nearly took more than 3 hours to upload and took more than hour to set the permission is it common for all of you. My bandwidth speed is 256 up and 500 down with static IP. Thanks a lot in advance.[/quote]

Then the server response and connection is to slow…

Hi Sateesh,

You are hosted with us and on a very fast server at the Soflayer datacenter in Washington DC.

I’ve looked into your account files and it’s quite a mess so I will try to help you here.

I can see that you have uploaded cs-cart 4 different times but only have one of these located inside your public_html directory and the permissions are all wrong.

You have every file and directory set to 755 permissions when it should be as below,

All Directories 755

All files 644

You can also set .php files to 600 if you wish for higher security but that is optional.

Since there are over 8,000 files in a cs-cart package, It would be much easier and faster for you to upload the cs-cart compressed package and then extract it on the server using the file manager in your control panel.

If you do it this way, it should take less than 15 minutes to upload and extract the archive. You will then need to adjust permissions because the cs-cart archives are set to extract with permissions for a server running mod_php for some reason (this is wrong for 90% of their clients)

You can either adjust these permissions manually using the control panel or FTP or, we can give you shell access with instructions to do this much faster.

If you need further help or would like shell access activated on your account please open a new ticket in our helpdesk.

I forgot to mention that I did correct the permissions with your upload in the public_html directory

I just wanted to provide update regarding my problem, Scott Combs attend my problem and gave perfect solution, and my un-built store is up and running now.

I have a word to say to community members, Scott Combs service is really exceptional, he have helped me in each and every steps. To be very honest I thank myself, because without a second thought I opted for his excellent A+++++++ service, I highly recommend his hosting service.

If Scott Combs read this thread, Scott Combs THANKS for your service.:smile: :smile: :smile: