Index.tpl Question

I have been with cs-cart since 1.3 and always figured out how to edit files but I can not figure this one out in version 3 but I edit the index.tpl located in customer folder for a different livehelp script and have to place the script or code in the head area which I have done so on all other versions but does not work here or if I do a source code check nothing or the script does not work properly. I even use the {include file=“livehelp.tpl”} and created a livehelp.tpl and placed script in there nothing works am I doing it wrong or how do I get this to work is there another file somewhere else

[quote name='flasher' timestamp='1423518796' post='204762']

I have been with cs-cart since 1.3 and always figured out how to edit files but I can not figure this one out in version 3 but I edit the index.tpl located in customer folder for a different livehelp script and have to place the script or code in the head area which I have done so on all other versions but does not work here or if I do a source code check nothing or the script does not work properly. I even use the {include file=“livehelp.tpl”} and created a livehelp.tpl and placed script in there nothing works am I doing it wrong or how do I get this to work is there another file somewhere else

[/quote]

Try here: skins//customer/views/block_manager/render/location.tpl

Hi flasher

no need to edit any files

Try this excelent free addon Custom Code from Hungryweb.

[quote][color=#555555]Add custom HTML, CSS and JavaScript to Head, Styles, Scripts and Footer.[/color][/quote]

http://marketplace.c…ustom-code.html

Fotis

I went to render but shows all if /if do not know where to set a script code or {include file=“livehelp.tpl”} anywhere

Also the custom code says for 4.0 will it work for 3.0

You might want to just add your code to:

skins/[your_skin]/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/scripts.post.tpl

The contents of this file will be automatically included inside the head tag.

Iam on verson 3 I checked and after addons no folder or nothing to open, I see it in admin area addons and activated but then looked for it and nowhere I cleared cache and restarted everything went to myskin/customer/addon/ and my_changes not there is it part of template editer?

You should have template directoreis for all installed addons that have customer-side views. I.e. skins/basic/customer/addons/news_and_emails/blocks (hooks, styles.css views, etc.).

If not, then you definitely either have something wrong with your installation and/or you are looking at a [your_skin] that is not active or actually installed. Use 'basic' for '[your_skin]' above and it will show you the structure.