In Cart Quantity Greater Than In Stock Quantity

Hi,

We noticed today that CS Cart does not show a message to the customers when they are adding more of a product than exists in quantity.

For example, we have a product which has 3 in stock, but the customer orders 4.

They should get a notification saying that the desired buy quantity does not exist in stock and they should be given the option of continuing with the order.

I’ve gone through the options and cannot find anything like this.

We allow customers to purchase out of stock items (negative amount) as we call this “Pre-ordering” or buy in advance.

However in cases where the product is “in stock” but not “in stock for the desired quantity” it should show the customer a message than the desired quantity is not in stock.

We had this in our previous ecommerce shop which was setup in 2006!

it is because of option with negative amount and can be altered by custom modification so we are at your service

Hi Qbasix,

Our team is also ready to help, let us know if you need this done.

Best regards,

Alt-team

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Feel free to [/font][/color]contact us[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] if you still need assistance with this issue[/font][/color]

Thanks for the offers of help.

I would have expected this functionality built into the base product!

[quote name='Qbasix' timestamp='1427679720' post='209461']

Thanks for the offers of help.

I would have expected this functionality built into the base product!

[/quote]

Post it to the bug tracker or user voice as a feature request. Possibly CS-Cart team will add this functionality