Imprting Data

I have exported out all my products and have tried semicolon, tab and comma seperated values. The data exports out of 2.2 version with out issue.

My problem is it will not import into my new 4.03 cart.

Frustrated. Any ideas how to get my products in

Thanks

That is not going to work. Different databases. You have to use the import tool in 4.03

Try reading this

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name='jknapp' timestamp='1386299633' post='173040']

I have exported out all my products and have tried semicolon, tab and comma seperated values. The data exports out of 2.2 version with out issue.

My problem is it will not import into my new 4.03 cart.

Frustrated. Any ideas how to get my products in

Thanks

[/quote]

Are you just trying to import products etc from a .csv, if so what errors are you getting

John

No Errors is just starts the import then stops. I only want to import product not the whole website.

You can try exporting a created product from 4.03 and see what fields are required and compare with the one from version 2.2…

I removed three fields that were not in the new 4.03 database.

Product URL, Image URL and Sale Price. I ulpoaded the CSV file again and it basically just stopped with no products imported.

Any Ideas? Suggestions. Thanks

I have the same problem. I can import only about 120 items at a time and need 5500 items.

If I try import more lines, It starts, then import progress bar blinks and disappears. No warnings or errors. Just stops.

this is happening to me lately as well. Import data fails with no message. I have a ticket in right now. awaiting a fix

Here's a way to resolve described import issue.

1. Check the php.ini settings, taken and translated from here:http://forum.cs-cart…__1#entry151804

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- [/font][/color]upload_max_filesize[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] - the value of this setting must be higher than the uploaded import file (i.e. .csv file) size;[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- [/font][/color]post_max_size [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]the value of this setting must be higher than the uploaded import file (i.e. .csv file) size[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif];[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- [/font][/color]max_execution_time [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- setermines maximum script execution time; set as large value as possible;[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- [/font][/color]max_input_time [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]- this setting determines max time accepting data by your web-server; recommended as large value as possible.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]2. I found that my Web-server PHP was set to run as FastCGI. If you have the same, then check limits for FastCGI itself. It's usually located in somewhere like[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3][size=4]/var/www/php-bin/[www_owner_user_name]/php.ini[/size],[/size][/font][/color]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=sans-serif]OR change the PHP mode to [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif]“PHP as module Apache”.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#000000][font=sans-serif]I changed the server mode to “PHP as module Apache” and now import works fine.[/font][/color][/size]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif]Hope this helps. [/font][/color]

Help Please…I have been trying so hard to import my csv product file to no avail. The latest is that I get the following error:

Error[color=#B94A48]Duplicate entry '245-p–pr-0' for key 'PRIMARY' [/color]b[/b][color=#B94A48] INSERT INTO cscart_seo_names (object_id, type, dispatch, lang_code, company_id) VALUES (245, 'p', '', 'product_descriptions.lang_code', '.company_id')[/color]

Someone should rescue me please. Thank you so much.