Improving notice on failed order attempts?

I just did a test order on my own site, and provided a bad zip code and bad address… to see how the cart would tell me.

Using Authorize.net, I got back:

[color=#9C3535][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.[/size][/font][/color]

I need something more detailed than this. How can I change what this says? I have searched for this in the languages part of admin and also the /payments/ folder off the root where there is the authorizenet_aim.php file.I have canned that whole file for phrases of that sentence and nothing is coming up.

Do I need to be looking somewhere else?

This message is controlled by Authorize.net, therefore you cannot change it. However, you should be able to find the response code and add your own custom message.

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1377002849' post='167100']

[color=#9C3535][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

I must be missing something. What's wrong with this message? You entered a bad address and it told you it was a bad address. Maybe I need more coffee.