Improved "buy Together" Addon

I really like the “Buy together” feature in CS-Cart, but it really needs some upgrades.

1. When you add a buy together combination to cart, it’s very difficult for the customer to see that he has actually added several products to the cart. The cart just shows 1 product and you have to click 2 links to see what’s actually in cart. Everything should immediately be visible in cart without clicking any buttons/links. Amazon.com has a very nice system, see attached picture.

2. When you print an invoice or packing slip, only the main product shows up and not the extra “buy together” products. It’s not easy to pack a product when you don’t know what products that needs to be packed.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was planning on using that addon when my upgrade to v4 is finished.

That's a deal breaker.

You can't put two (or more) items in the cart with Buy Together and NOT itemize them. Clicking on More Details, then Buy Together, just to see the other item(s) in the cart is more than silly.

Now what to do?

I just played around with this a little bit and it seems like these linked products are stored just like normal products both in the database and in the session, so it should be pretty easy to make changes to this.

There are lines in “/design/themes/basic/templates/views/checkout/components/cart_items.tpl” that can be removed. Then the shopping cart looks much nicer. But there is more code many other places that needs to be changed also.

Find:

```php

{assign var=“obj_id” value=$product.object_id|default:$key}

{hook name=“checkout:items_list”}

{if !$cart.products.$key.extra.parent}

```
Remove:
```php {if !$cart.products.$key.extra.parent} ```

Find:
```php
{/if}

{/if}
{/hook}
```
Remove:
```php
{/if}
```

@ModNet,

It looks like you need the customization of this addon. Please contact us if you are interested in custom development service. We will be happy to implement such a feature for you.

Thanks.

I just reported in the Bug Tracker that when you use Buy Together with Reward Points, the points issued are only for the FIRST item in the Buy Together combination.

Buy Together should be a simple function - why CS-Cart has over complicated it I do not know. They display the FIRST item name in the cart, with the Buy Together combined price, but don't itemize the products in the Buy Together bundle.

When clicking Add All To Cart, each item with unique price should be inserted into the cart, instead of treating it like OPTIONS.

There's a free Buy Together add-on replacement that adds a little more functionality, but the wording when the products are in the cart is all in a foreign language:

[url=“Cookie consent”]Cookie consent

I really wish someone would code a decent buy together add-on.