Impossible To Install Any Cs-Cart: 777 permission issue

Hi

I am moving our two stores, both v4 (v4.2.3 an a v4.2.4) to a new dedicated VPS - Centos 6.6 x64, lots of memory, drive space and bandwidth.

Cpanel etc

My new VPS matches the requirements for any V4 shop but it simply does not matter because… neither V4.2.4 nor V4.3.2 will install.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9683]

looking at my php settings everything seems to be OK.

Am I the only one with this issue ?

I really need this solved since we are in the transit of two of our stores. Any assistance would be great.

Regards

Anthony

prnscr_fail2install.png

Do you receive any errors during the installation? Or you are not able even to reach the first step?

[quote name='Webmaster_at_Mungotedo' timestamp='1434113671' post='218546']

Hi

I am moving our two stores, both v4 (v4.2.3 an a v4.2.4) to a new dedicated VPS - Centos 6.6 x64, lots of memory, drive space and bandwidth.

Cpanel etc

My new VPS matches the requirements for any V4 shop but it simply does not matter because… neither V4.2.4 nor V4.3.2 will install.

looking at my php settings everything seems to be OK.

Am I the only one with this issue ?

I really need this solved since we are in the transit of two of our stores. Any assistance would be great.

Regards

Anthony

[/quote]I have had this happen in the past, when I forgot to give the database user sufficient permissions.

Alan

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1434115582' post='218550']

Do you receive any errors during the installation? Or you are not able even to reach the first step?

[/quote]

@Aleksey (Ecom-Labs)

I just cannot go beyond step 1

@ Alan

the user I created as all privileges to the database in question.

[quote name='Webmaster_at_Mungotedo' timestamp='1434119446' post='218557']

@Aleksey (Ecom-Labs)

I just cannot go beyond step 1

@ Alan

the user I created as all privileges to the database in question.

[/quote]

Try from a different Browser.

Alan

What is your PHP version? I found that PHP v5.3.28 wouldn't work (but PHP v5.3.29 would)

Also, look in the error log that is INSIDE the install folder - it has it's own error log.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1434124440' post='218559']

What is your PHP version? I found that PHP v5.3.28 wouldn't work (but PHP v5.3.29 would)

Also, look in the error log that is INSIDE the install folder - it has it's own error log.

[/quote]

@Don

I run PHP 5.4 so that cannot be the issue and the error is not existend. I can't find it

[attachment=9684:prnscr_install_folder.png]

prnscr_install_folder.png

Not only is the error log non-existent, the entire install folder is missing.

I thought you were trying to do a new installation, but it looks like you are moving an existing installation, and some of the files in the root folder are missing. Where is the var folder? Where is config.local.php, Also, I've never seen run.php in an installation of CS-Cart.

@Don

Check this image, it is of the full Cpanel view of the website root

[attachment=9685:prnscr_root_newserver.jpg]

And within the install folder I just cannot find the error-log file you speak of.

prnscr_root_newserver.jpg

My config.local needed 644 and other folders need 0755 except install 777, and recourse

Well John

Changing permission on config.local to 644 does aboslutely nothing for me so I tried 666. This really sucks and do need support NOW not later this week. But you know how that is, the developers at CS-Cart are on a holiday as of June 12th and for the rest of us, it is weekend. Just great when you trying to launch your two new webstores to generate the needed income.

hi,

please check your personal messanger.

best regards,

WSA team

Please PM me temporary FTP access so that we can check the issue ASAP

Little Trick.

Copy the Required files from localhost or Copy the Structure of Cs-Cart folders and files.

app,design,images,var,js, and remaining php files.

Important Files - Config.local.php and Config.php ( you will find in install Folder)

fill the information of details in config files.

Your Store would run perfectly.

Thanks,

Aditya

Hi there,

It has been a while since I updated this post. First of all thanks everybody who participated sofar in this thread and offered help and actually advice.

The actual problem on the server was quite easily identified as being having to do with writing permission settings. Problem was actually solved by a 'chmod -R 755 install'

However… I reconsidered my hosting options and returned to my own Supermicro machine and there I had and have still some new problems after upgrading Apache 2.2 to Apache 2.4.

Is there an CS-Cart and CentOS 6 / cPanel WHM expert in the room ? I could surely use your expertise.

One of the issues I am having is that updating or adding new products or restoring or creating a backup o f database take hours or simply seem to stall.

I am sure I have configured my server up the requirements set by the CS-Cart developers… but how sure am I really ? Please assist if you can.

Regards

Anthony

I also like this question,You solve it?

[quote name='Webmaster_at_Mungotedo' timestamp='1434725560' post='219603']

Hi there,

It has been a while since I updated this post. First of all thanks everybody who participated sofar in this thread and offered help and actually advice.

The actual problem on the server was quite easily identified as being having to do with writing permission settings. Problem was actually solved by a 'chmod -R 755 install'

However… I reconsidered my hosting options and returned to my own Supermicro machine and there I had and have still some new problems after upgrading Apache 2.2 to Apache 2.4.

Is there an CS-Cart and CentOS 6 / cPanel WHM expert in the room ? I could surely use your expertise.

One of the issues I am having is that updating or adding new products or restoring or creating a backup o f database take hours or simply seem to stall.

I am sure I have configured my server up the requirements set by the CS-Cart developers… but how sure am I really ? Please assist if you can.

Regards

Anthony

[/quote]

Hello!

I can look into your Server for the Issue. Could you please PM me.

Thanks,

Aditya

[quote name='m3th3lesh' timestamp='1434996778' post='219972']

Hello!

I can look into your Server for the Issue. Could you please PM me.

Thanks,

Aditya

[/quote]

Hi Aditya

Thanks for the offer but I already have a 'friend' looking into it. If we do not get it fixed I will take you upon your offer.

Yours truly