Importing Products Problems

Hi,

Trying to upload approx. 200 products via the store import product feature.

(have done this before a few years ago without issues on more than 1000 products).

I’m testing with just 1 product and its simply not working.

I have double checked all my formatting and even exported a sample product and then imported it with a new product code change only and it results in a blank product.

The product gets added correctly, no issues with import reported.

I can view the product in the shop and admin.

In the admin the product correctly shows the new code, title/heading, price and quatity etc.

But when I click on the product to edit it, the store takes me to the “new product” page…

Running latest version of CS Cart 4.5.2.SP2 on PHP 7.1, no other issues.

I can look through the SQL database and can see the product and all imported fields there… so the import is working and the data is in the database.

Some data is absent (product category, product price, product description, etc). So you should not check the cscart_products table only

Ok looking through the database I can see that something is going wrong with the shipping params (shipping details import).

The template product which I created in the admin GUI has a shipping params field in database with this data:

a:5:{s:16:“min_items_in_box”;i:0;s:16:“max_items_in_box”;i:1;s:10:“box_length”;i:104;s:9:“box_width”;i:40;s:10:“box_height”;i:10;}

The imported product (I’ve tried two now) has this:

s:1:“1”;

If I edit this field and replace it with the template one, the product shows up correctly and everything is ok.
I can also delete this shipping params totally and it also shows up but obviously I need to re-enter the shipping details.

The import file is correct, its actually identical to the exported file so I can rule out any formatting file issues.

This seems to be a bug?

I do not know answer on your question. But the shipping parameters are not required for the import

Yes I know that they are not, but the items im trying to import have shipping weight size etc.

After import those do not get added even though the import file is correctly formatted.

If I edit the shipping params in the database it all works correctly.

Yes I know that they are not, but the items im trying to import have shipping weight size etc.

After import those do not get added even though the import file is correctly formatted.

If I edit the shipping params in the database it all works correctly.

Try to exclude shipping params from the feed and check the result. Looks like there is a bug there

I deleted the shipping params which were
Items in box
Box size

And the import worked correctly…

Seems there is a bug with those two that creates corrupted data in the database.

Whats the best way to report this?

Please post issue to the bug tracker

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/project-1-cs-cart/