Importing Product Images And Skipping Ones Already Uploaded

I have a product file with over 5000 products with more added every day. I bulk import a csv to update stock, price and add new products daily. I copy over all product images (over 10,000) into a folder www.mydomain.com/images via FTP. Then i import another csv that have the url links to the images. This process imports all images one by one and puts high load onto the server.

How can I get cs-cart to skip images that are already present and to just import missing images? Should be be uploading the images to a different folder?

Additional code modifications are required. You should modify the fn_import_images function (app/controllers/backend/exim.php)

Can you help with the code? Thanks.

Can you help with the code? Thanks.

Please post your request here so that our managers can estimate this task and provide you with the quote

I uploaded the images csv, although it says images were imported it reports an error: Error File could not be uploaded.

Any ideas? I have never understood how cs-cart stores images, can someone explain where they are imported and if I could simply copy them to the location?