Importing Problem

When I import a CSV file IT doesn’t load all of the products… this is what im doing…

I am loading all parts for a specific motorcycle this is how I beak down the file …

[COLOR=“Red”] Product code… …Category … Price… Quantity[/COLOR]

[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]Part or inventory number…Model///Engine///Specific area of bike…1.25…5[/COLOR]

is anyone else having these problems… when I import the entire motorcycle it can have up to 1000 different Product codes and it leaves some of them out…

If i break the CSV file down into smaller chunks it sometimes loads them all, but does miss some at times…if I break it down into specific areas of the bike it does seem to load them all… is there a solution to be able to import the bigger files ?

I’ve always tried changing php, .htaccess etc messing with memory limits but none of them have ever worked. guess some other people will say its something to do with server load especially if you share.

I use csvsplitter to make my life easier importing large files

Had a thought…could this random importing problem be caused from a poor internet connection, as where i am doing the cart we are on a dish setup linked to the hosting company…and usually several times during the day we can lose our service, being the smaller files seem to import better than the larger files, could this be a possible reason for the import to miss some of the products being loaded through the CSV files?

I am having the same problem usually loads around 100-150 items my CSV is about 2000 long but I have much larger ones to import after this. All descritions seem to show but only some images??

John

seems to be a real issue. i tried to import 100 products and for absolutely no reason the same ones each time were being missed out. I’ve analysed the rows in the CSV for differences but there are none.

This needs resolving - cs cart officials???

I tried everything increasing the memory from 48 to 256 in the file as directed by c

CS Team, eventually without boring you I went through everything and it came down to 1and1 server not having enough output buffer along with other things by them. Dont get me started on 1and1 I LL be here all night.

Anyway, I switched to Martfox and all my problems disappeared uploads everything everytime, on Litespoeed server…great and slightly less expensive but 100 times better customer support.

I would definately recommend

John

upload the file to the server and use this method to upload products. No bandwidth transfer times accordingly.

I will give an example of what I think is happening We sell Parts for Moto Guzzi motorcycles… I am building the site around 130 bikes… each bike will have around 850-1500 parts or individual product number per bike now some bikes are very similar like Engine size ect… so alot of the Parts are interchangeable between years and some bikes.

With that being said I use this as my category file …

Category: Part By Motorcycle///1980-90 Moto Guzzi Motorcycles///Bike A///Engine///Part A

Product code #45564

now I also have lets say I load a bike the next day and this is the bike i load that has many differnt parts and some alike parts.

Category: Part By Motorcycle///1980-90 Moto Guzzi Motorcycles///Bike X///Engine///Part A

Product code #45564

Is this what is happening is the second bike I load that has alike product codes of the first bike is erasing the part from the files? If so is there a way around this.

This is the problem I ran into yesterday. I had about 40 bikes finished and uploaded and seemed to be doing fine holding all parts that were previously loaded over the last few weeks. Then I started checking the user side of the site and just about all of the parts or products that each bike had were gone!!! now is i look on the Admin side of the site look in the folders that was holding the parts shows that lets say the crankshaft is supposed to hold 35 parts but when you went to view the parts there were none… So any thoughts Idea why this is happening or ways to resolve it would be wonderful…Because Im so frustrated as I lost 2 weeks worth of work…

Your product codes must be unique - you cannot have two identical product codes as this is the field CS-Cart looks at when importing products.

Also, make sure you have information in your final column - i.e. no blank cells - so make sure your final column is one that always has information in (I always use my taxes column as that always has information).

I hope this helps.

I understand this about the product codes but is there a way to put lets say

Bike 1 's products or parts in while putting Bike 2’s parts in even though there are many duplicated parts like they both use the same wheels and all corresponding parts …I know you can do this in Admin by using the secondary categories…

[quote name=‘KcPluggedIn’]

With that being said I use this as my category file …

Category: Part By Motorcycle///1980-90 Moto Guzzi Motorcycles///Bike A///Engine///Part A

Product code #45564

now I also have lets say I load a bike the next day and this is the bike i load that has many differnt parts and some alike parts.

Category: Part By Motorcycle///1980-90 Moto Guzzi Motorcycles///Bike X///Engine///Part A

Product code #45564[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can suggest is that for Bike A you make the product code 45564A and for Bike X you make the product code 45564X, thus giving you different product codes.

As far as I can see, you can have identical product codes in CS-Cart, but once you start using the import feature it will not work. If you are going to add products (or even alter products) by importing, you must have individual product codes for all of your products.

Before adding any new products to my cart, I always check in Excel to make sure I don’t already have the same product code in use - there’s nothing worse than adding 2,000 new parts through an import and noticing that 1,995 new parts have been added and 5 have been updated, when you were actually trying to import 2,000 new parts. Unfortunately in that instance you have no idea which 5 parts have been updated so it really is a good idea to check the product code is not already in use.

Pretty much what I will have to do I think I will assign each its own letter like A, a, aa or b, B, bb ect…I had no knowledge of how to use excel till I started this project so i guess I have some more to learn…lol I have a master Parts list of 12,000 Parts which has 4 columns Product code, Category, Product name, Quantity, Price But unfortunately its one huge flat file unlike it should be done broken down into smaller areas like certain areas of the bike or like I am doing parts specific to the bike itself …

If you plan on using the import/export feature, you will be an Excel expert by the time you have finished. Just to save you some time, here is the formula for checking for duplicate parts. Put your product codes in column A starting with cell A2. Put the formula in column B starting with cell B2. You can then check and if you have any duplicate product codes, you will see the word “Duplicated” in column B.

=IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A$5000,A2)>1,“Duplicated”,“”)

Where A$2:A$5000 contains your product codes.

Before importing any new products, put the new product codes at the end of your list and change the A$5000 to the last cell reference.

I hope this helps.

Ok that problem solved… How come after a few days, sometimes even after a few hours I lose products sometimes all of them sometimes just a few… After I load the products I will check to see if they have been loaded… then I will follow up a day later and all of the parts or most will be gone. Is there a reason for this and more important a way to resolve it?