Importing orders from 2.0 cart to 3.0 cart?

Hi there, I recently upgraded CS-Cart from CS-CART: version 2.2.5 PROFESSIONAL to CS-Cart: version 3.0.6 PROFESSIONAL. The 3.0.6 is hosted at my root directory, while the old 2.2.5 cart is still hosted on my server but at “/old-cart” in case I need to access any old orders in admin.

I was thinking today I would export orders in /old-cart and then import them into the admin of the new cart. The orders exported as a csv file and then I imported that file. In admin, I would see the old orders listed but when I tried to view them, I got an error message on the order details page:

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in “/var/cache/templates/admin/%%C6^C64^C64C7914%%new_shipment.tpl.php on line 22”

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hello ckad79,

Thank you for your message.

The problem requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Also, please note that you should not export/import orders via a .csv file. This feature is for updating information in already existing orders, but not for creating them from scratch. Our technical support engineer will see what he/she can do for you regarding this issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team