Importing Mailing List Subscribers

Though we are able to import subscribers in CS-Cart version 3.x, the details around such an operation are vague. When importing subscribers, CS-Cart does not send any confirmation auto-responder, even if the mailing list has an auto-responder assigned to it. I imagine this is simply because it's an import function and not a “sending an email to a mailing list” function.

However, I have noticed that there is an option to import these subscribers with an Activation or Deactivation key. I hope that such a thing will solve the issue of sending a confirmation email, but I am unclear how these fields apply to imported subscribers.

I have checked

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

and found little to no information about Activation or Deactivation Keys. There is also very little information in the documentation or otherwise in the knowledge base about importing subscribers.

Could anyone here shed some light on this? Is there a way to import and then send them the auto-responder? I would prefer not to import them as “confirmed,” because they have not all necessarily done so, and I would not like these newsletters to be classified as spam.

Thank you in advance.