Importing Images. A Question About Product Codes

Finally getting my bottom into gear and moving my Shopify

store back to CS-Cart.

When building an image file do I have to attach Product Codes to each image ?

Let's say I have 6 images with one M Pair Type and the other 5 being A Pair Types.

I know it makes sense that each should have a Product Code attached but just checking.

To import images each one does need a code to import yes

I just thought that maybe the M type would trigger a search for consequent A types until another M type was encountered.
Looks I will have to manually autofill 850 products with Product Codes.

There simply must be another way. Maybe to almost certainly not :(

What about this new Shopify to CS-Cart feature in 4.15.1 ?

Just remembered that Shopify exports number the image files.

1 for the main images then 2,3,4,5,6 etc for secondary images so I will

be able to replace 1 with M. 2,3,4,5 etc with A's

Hello!

In recently released minor version 4.15.1 there was added new add-on, Import from Shopify. This add-on will allow you to import the products (as well as their images) directly from Shopify.

Sounds great. I guess I will have to wait a week or so for it to become an available upgrade ?

Sounds great. I guess I will have to wait a week or so for it to become an available upgrade ?

Probably yes, since as usual, we hand out upgrade packages in limited numbers for the first few weeks after the release :)

Thank you good people.
Looking forward to it.

On the subject of images needing product codes.

The Shopify export .csv files doesn't include product codes for additional images.

Maybe the Shopify to CS-cart import process attaches products codes to additional images ????
This doesn't appear to be the case though.

On the subject of images needing product codes.

The Shopify export .csv files doesn't include product codes for additional images.

Maybe the Shopify to CS-cart import process attaches products codes to additional images ????
This doesn't appear to be the case though.

Thank you for the info.

Could you please hand me the CSV file with example of products with additional images from Shopify?

Thanks.

This is an unmodified export file from Shopify.
Hope this helps.

products_export.csv

This is an unmodified export file from Shopify.
Hope this helps.

Sorry for the delay. The issue has been acknowledged by the developers and they are working on the fix. We will let you know as soon as there will be fix.

Hello there!

The same issue has been already discussed in the following topic:

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/67607-shopify-import-in-version-4151/?view=findpost&p=353324

But anyway, I will repeat answer from our team in this topic.

This issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the upcoming version 4.15.2.

In order to apply the fix to the current version, please use the attached .diff file.

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/upgrade/apply_diff_file.html

Thanks!

711ef7d3df87a6bf87f4a21f5a70051ca6c044bf.diff