importing exporting products

Hi:

I have to cscart licenses and web sites. They are both upgraded to the newest version.I want to export the products only from cart a and import then into cart b. export the products without issue but when I take the csv file and import the file in to cart b it says processing but nothing ever gets imported. Does anyone no why this is?

I used the csv delimiter semicolon and tab delimiters but nothing worked.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Do you use options and features for your products? If so, many of those fields use the database table primary key as part of the definition. Odds of them being the same on both systems is pretty slim.

You should check yur PHP error_log for any errors or timeouts that may be happening.

To debug, reduce your import file down to 2 lines. If that works, go to 10, then to 100. If you're failing in the midst, you can debug from there.

Suggest NOT using semicolon for separator. I've found comma is much more standard and is handled better by programs such as excel, etc.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1320464289' post='125369']

Suggest NOT using semicolon for separator. I've found comma is much more standard and is handled better by programs such as excel, etc.

[/quote]

Definately !

Also when you open the old data in your spread sheet, before importing it do a search and replace by using the wild card, search for {***} and replace all with nothing, this way the old keys will be removed in 1 go and new ones for your NEW options will be created on import.

depending on what options etc you hav eset up, make sure nothing else is contained in between { } or you will lose that too unless you do a text to columns or whatever and spilt it off from the search.

John