Import To Update Certain Fields Possible If Product Code Field Is Empty?

Core question: If all of our Product Codes in CS-cart have the same value ('0'), but each has an unique Product ID, can I st

With the help of outside consultant our old website was migrated unto CS-Cart platform (Multi-vendor, version 4.1.3).

Oops, sorry pressed 'Post' by accident. To finish my question

Core question: Core question: If all of our Product Codes in CS-cart have the same value ('0'), but each has an unique Product ID, can I still do imports? We want to update various fields and since Product Code is not an unique identifier, I hope that CS-Cart Import engine will recogize that Product ID is the unique identifier.

Background:

• old website product data was migrated to CS-Cart. All products have Variants. Variants were put in custom made Add-on. Product Codes for all products is the same is '0'.
  • each product has an unique ProductID

Thank you in advance for any insight

Olof

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1405418349' post='187559']

Oops, sorry pressed 'Post' by accident. To finish my question

Core question: Core question: If all of our Product Codes in CS-cart have the same value ('0'), but each has an unique Product ID, can I still do imports? We want to update various fields and since Product Code is not an unique identifier, I hope that CS-Cart Import engine will recogize that Product ID is the unique identifier.

Background:

• old website product data was migrated to CS-Cart. All products have Variants. Variants were put in custom made Add-on. Product Codes for all products is the same is '0'.
  • each product has an unique ProductID

Thank you in advance for any insight

Olof

[/quote]

Yes, it is possible to import product data in this case. Your feed should contain Product code (with 0 value) and Product id (with actual product ID from CS-Cart database) columns.

Thank you for the quick answer!

I immediately tried it and very, very glad to see it works! One less worry in my live…

Cheers,

Olof

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1405421127' post='187562']

Thank you for the quick answer!

I immediately tried it and very, very glad to see it works! One less worry in my live…

Cheers,

Olof

[/quote]

You are welcome!