Import products through CSV and multiligual site

I installed some languages though “main” is English - I start creating a new product in English. When I create a product all informations are duplicated in English into other languages. Then I switch to, let’s say, Italian and then re-write all in Italian. If I do not edit a products in other languages I still have information in English.

But when I import a product from a CSV file only current language fields are filled - some fields of a new product in other languages like Name, Title, Description are empty.

Is it a bug?

[quote name=‘tmv’]I installed some languages though “main” is English - I start creating a new product in English. When I create a product all informations are duplicated in English into other languages. Then I switch to, let’s say, Italian and then re-write all in Italian. If I do not edit a products in other languages I still have information in English.

But when I import a product from a CSV file only current language fields are filled - some fields of a new product in other languages like Name, Title, Description are empty.

Is it a bug?[/QUOTE]

Hi tmv,

I had same issue as yours… In my case having English and spanish languaje and it seems csv is not able to fill both languages at same time… also tried to import into both languages but it doesn’t work…:frowning:

did you find any solutin for this?

anybody can help us ?

thanks in advance

Jmonk

[quote name=‘jmonk’]Hi tmv,

I had same issue as yours… In my case having English and spanish languaje and it seems csv is not able to fill both languages at same time… also tried to import into both languages but it doesn’t work…:frowning:

did you find any solutin for this?

anybody can help us ?

thanks in advance

Jmonk[/QUOTE]

It seems I found out how to manage with it. It is necessary to prepare separate CSV files for all necessary languages. Then in importing window first import English version and Admin must be in English. Then switch Admin into Spanish (in your case) and import Spanish version of your CSV file. Before I used OsCommerce and it works in the same way.

[quote name=‘tmv’]It seems I found out how to manage with it. It is necessary to prepare separate CSV files for all necessary languages. Then in importing window first import English version and Admin must be in English. Then switch Admin into Spanish (in your case) and import Spanish version of your CSV file. Before I used OsCommerce and it works in the same way.[/QUOTE]

Hi again,

thanks for your reply…

but regarding preparing different CSV files… does it mean you need to put different categories names or same one…?

in my case for english I’m using “toys” and in spanish “juguetes” so on CSV, does it mean that i need to put different categories or just to import to same one, and then change the name of the categorie?

also will try today and let you know my results…

thanks again

Hi tmv,

I have already tried and works… :smiley:

thanks a lot…

Jmonk

[quote name=‘jmonk’]Hi again,

thanks for your reply…

but regarding preparing different CSV files… does it mean you need to put different categories names or same one…?

in my case for english I’m using “toys” and in spanish “juguetes” so on CSV, does it mean that i need to put different categories or just to import to same one, and then change the name of the categorie?

also will try today and let you know my results…

thanks again[/QUOTE]

I am sorry for some not correct descriptions or errors. I wrote that you should switch langauge of admin into necessary language. This works but simpler to change language in “Import options” - there is a dropbox.

Now answering at your question. Yes, you should change categories too - otherwise new categoreis (for instance “toys”) will be created in your Spanish

version (though I do not know what happen with English version - I did not try).