Import Products Page In Admin Help

I am importing my products via .cvs files. I have done it several times with small files that add products and make changes to existing products. I have avoided using the “delete all existing product files before import” button until now, but I have changed my product codes and just want to repalce the whole database of products. I assume it works just like it says it will. I have also made a backup of everything so I feel safe.

What my question is:

What does the “reset inventory” button do? Do I need to use it if I have selected “delete all existing product files before import”?

I remember finding a nice explanation of how to use the product import parameters a year or so ago but I can't find it now. Thank you for any help.

Hello Alpickrel,

[quote name='alpickrel' timestamp='1308402326' post='115219']

I am importing my products via .cvs files. I have done it several times with small files that add products and make changes to existing products. I have avoided using the “delete all existing product files before import” button until now, but I have changed my product codes and just want to repalce the whole database of products. I assume it works just like it says it will. I have also made a backup of everything so I feel safe.

What my question is:

What does the “reset inventory” button do? Do I need to use it if I have selected “delete all existing product files before import”?

I remember finding a nice explanation of how to use the product import parameters a year or so ago but I can't find it now. Thank you for any help.

[/quote]

If the “Reset inventory” check box is selected, it means that the number of items in stock for each imported product is zeroed before the product import.

If the “Delete all existing product files before import” is selected, it means that the files assigned to the product are removed from the files directory before the product import.

So, you can use these check boxes according to your needs: separately, together or none of them during the import process.

For more information about the import functionality, please refer to this article in our Knowledge Base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team