Import products into two stores

I would like to import all products from a csv file so that they show in both of my stores. I've set the 'Store' field to All stores but the products only show up in the primary store. I thought it might be that I need the same categories in both stores but still the products only go into the main store.

The KB doesn't seem to address this.

Set the 'Store' field value to “My First Store” and import. Then change the Store field value to “My Second Store” and import again.

Makes sense. But it does not work. I uploaded csv with store1 and it puts all of the products into store 1. Then uploaded file with store field changed to store2 but the import skipped all products. Did the same thing in reverse. All of the products went into store2 but when i then tried importing store1 it skipped all products.

Seems to be a bug in V4 Ultimate. When a product is shared to two stores (ie. it is selected to appear in one more categories on two or more stores), when exported, the “Store” value only exports the “Store” which the product was initially created for. Only the first category is exported in the Category field in the export too.

This functionality does work in V3 Ultimate however. In the Store import field in V3, I can put a value of “First Store, Second Store” and it'll import just fine.

Makes sense. But it does not work. I uploaded csv with store1 and it puts all of the products into store 1. Then uploaded file with store field changed to store2 but the import skipped all products. Did the same thing in reverse. All of the products went into store2 but when i then tried importing store1 it skipped all products.

Have you tried to create the store2 first? The import function may not create the store if not existed

Why double import? We do this but we have a few products that are specific to second store. Since sharing the products between stores, you don't have to maintain separate inventories, etc.

Ours looks like this.

Store 1 = Products 1,2,3,4 - Shared with Store 2.

Store 2 = Products 5,6 - NOT shared with Store 1.

The end result is Store 1 has 4 products, Store Two has 6 Products but we maintain them all under "All Stores" when updating qty's etc.

It seems the system is preventing you from having to deal with duplicate products.

A work around, if you truly want it this way, is to create a new product code for store 2.

If your original product codes imported into store 1 were:

123A

123B

123C

Then you could add anything constant to the Product Code to differentiate it.

123AZ

123BZ

123CZ

So you would know that product codes ending in "Z" are for store 2. The key i think is unique Product codes if you are trying to work around the product.

The export will only show the primary store it was loaded in. For simplicity we put all products shared by all stores in the primary store then shared them. We only sent store specific products to the individual stores. However, we could have just loaded all products to the original store and only display what we want in the other stores.

For example if we have recreational camping gear on store 1 and Prepping Gear on store 2, we may show ALL the camping gear on store 1 and store 2 but only show firearms (as an example) on store 2 even though it's loaded and assigned to store 1.

Hope I helped and didn't confuse the issue. Just saying what is working for us.