Import Products From Old Store Version

I have a store that is up to date as far as updates. I am opening a new store with a new address with the current version of CS-Cart. This version has an added field called "Product Type". When I do an export from old store and try to import to new store, I get an error because this field is missing. Any ideas?

Product type? I dont see it V4.5.2

do you have screenshot

edit, just checked th edemo and it seems to be part of the New option variations, I have little knowledge of this but just done a test export from the demo and most products have the type P, some V and 1 c, check the docs to see what these mean

Just create "Product Type" column in the feed and use "P" value. It means simple product (not variation or anything else)

Just create "Product Type" column in the feed and use "P" value. It means simple product (not variation or anything else)

Worked fine thanks.

Surprised 'P' isn't the default if it's not specified. That would enable you to use exports from older environments without having to modify the data.

So a Product type is now a required field on import?

Surprised 'P' isn't the default if it's not specified. That would enable you to use exports from older environments without having to modify the data.

So a Product type is now a required field on import?

Since V (variantions) type is added by the Variations module, issue can be linked with this addon