Import Images Not Working In Cs-Cart Mv4.1.3

Hi there,

We were moving our products from one of our 4.0.3 store to our store on 4.1.3.

While we were trying to import the products by exporting them, the products got imported successfully but the images were not uploaded.

We had tried uploading them separately while copying the files from the original 4.0.3 store and putting them in var/exam/backup/images folder for our 4.1.3 store. We had given the same location while exporting them from the 4.0.3 store but still it's not working.

i'd tried the instructions on these post but still it didn't work out.

Importing Images. - Installation & Upgrade - CS-Cart Community Forums

Image Import Doesnt Work - Installation & Upgrade - CS-Cart Community Forums

Anyone faced similar problems?

Regards,

NaMo

Hello NaMo!

Thank you for the message.

I should inform you that starting from CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor version 4.1.1 images can be imported only from the /path/to/cart/var/files/ directory. So you should move all your images to the var/files/1 directory (or its any subdirectory) and correct the path in the Images directory field on the Administration > Import data > Products > Images page in your store admin panel.

For example, if you move your files to the var/files/1/images directory, you should specify images in the Images directory field. Please check it.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Anastasiya,

Thanks for the response.

Just to confirm.

So for the export directory i.e. our MV4.0.3 cart, we should specify

/home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.0.3/var/files/1/images/

And for the import directory also i.e our MV4.1.3 cart, we should specify

/home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.1.3/var/files/1/images/ while we place our content of the images in the var/files/1/images

Kindly correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, while I export the csv, #{[en]:;}gets appended after every image name. Do I have to remove that also from every image?

Regards,

NaMo

Dear NaMo!

[quote name='NaMo' timestamp='1396874562' post='181151']

Hi Anastasiya,

Thanks for the response.

Just to confirm.

So for the export directory i.e. our MV4.0.3 cart, we should specify

/home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.0.3/var/files/1/images/

And for the import directory also i.e our MV4.1.3 cart, we should specify

/home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.1.3/var/files/1/images/ while we place our content of the images in the var/files/1/images

Kindly correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, while I export the csv, #{[en]:;}gets appended after every image name. Do I have to remove that also from every image?

Regards,

NaMo

[/quote]

Thank you for the reply.

In case you wish to use the CSV file from version 4.0.3, yes, you take the correct steps. Please make sure that you copy images from /home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.0.3/images to /home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.1.3/var/files/1/images/ before starting the process of importing images.

Please let me note that after the # symbol you can see the list of the languages that are installed in your store. This is used because the alternative text for the images may vary between languages. For example, I want to add the Test alternative text for the English and Russian languages. In this case I should modify the Detailed image field in this way:

/home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.1.3/var/files/1/my_image.jpg#{[en]:Test;[ru]:Тест;}

It is up to you to use this part of code or not.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks a lot Anastasiya,

It worked. Btw, it would be great if you could update it in the documentation of Cs-Cart. :D

Dear NaMo!

[quote name=‘NaMo’ timestamp=‘1396884293’ post=‘181169’]

Thanks a lot Anastasiya,

It worked. Btw, it would be great if you could update it in the documentation of Cs-Cart. :D

[/quote]

You are welcome! We will create a new article regarding the import images process soon.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1396878893' post='181162']

Dear NaMo!

Thank you for the reply.

In case you wish to use the CSV file from version 4.0.3, yes, you take the correct steps. Please make sure that you copy images from /home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.0.3/images to /home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.1.3/var/files/1/images/ before starting the process of importing images.

Please let me note that after the # symbol you can see the list of the languages that are installed in your store. This is used because the alternative text for the images may vary between languages. For example, I want to add the Test alternative text for the English and Russian languages. In this case I should modify the Detailed image field in this way:

/home/xxxxx/public_html/mv4.1.3/var/files/1/my_image.jpg#{[en]:Test;[ru]:Тест;}

It is up to you to use this part of code or not.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hi Anastasiya,

I do bulk image upload as well.

I wonder if i can change the image path, for example,

i upload the images to the images/detailed/ BUT NOT in /var/files/1/images/

so the path is

/home3//public_html/images/detailed/D001-1.jpg#{[en]:;}

is that ok?

but i did not get it work, the image does not show up

Please help

Dear londonman,

[quote name='londonman' timestamp='1404372845' post='186888']

Hi Anastasiya,

I do bulk image upload as well.

I wonder if i can change the image path, for example,

i upload the images to the images/detailed/ BUT NOT in /var/files/1/images/

so the path is

/home3//public_html/images/detailed/D001-1.jpg#{[en]:;}

is that ok?

but i did not get it work, the image does not show up

Please help

[/quote]

Thank you for the message.

If you use CS-Cart 4.1.x, the mentioned way will not work for you. Images can be imported only from the /path/to/cart/var/files/ directory. For more information, please read my answers above.

Hope this will help you.

Thank you.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Well, unfortunately it is not again working for the v4.2.2 :-(

It's pretty simple

here's what you should do

copy your root images folder to new cs cart

copy your /var/files folder to your new cs cart

and use CSVED software to edit your csv files edit the new path import it to your new store and your good to go.

Cool thanks imran. I'll try that and get back to you on that.