Import Export System Error - Asking For Product Id And Combination

I used the export to CSV and then make a small change to the description, go to import and I get:

“Your import file MUST have the following fields: Product ID, Combination”

Well, there is no option to export these within the product export option in catalog.

So I go to the Admin tab and discover the options are there…I try to export the product ID and combination and it says I have no products selected…

I am a bit confused as to why there is separate export fields in different admin tab and why I can not just export everything once, edit then import.

I am used to the Bigcommerce export/import. Very painless. Simply export, edit, import and done.

What am I missing here?

Hello Billlie,

[quote name='Billlee' timestamp='1308717731' post='115481']

I used the export to CSV and then make a small change to the description, go to import and I get:

“Your import file MUST have the following fields: Product ID, Combination”

Well, there is no option to export these within the product export option in catalog.

So I go to the Admin tab and discover the options are there…I try to export the product ID and combination and it says I have no products selected…

I am a bit confused as to why there is separate export fields in different admin tab and why I can not just export everything once, edit then import.

I am used to the Bigcommerce export/import. Very painless. Simply export, edit, import and done.

What am I missing here?

[/quote]

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

You cannot export product option combinations and products at the same time. It was made in order to make administrator's work easier. Most of administrators edit product combinations separately and they do not need to edit products at the same time. Also this was made to decrease the size of the exported file.

So if you want to export product options combinations, you need to open the “Product combinations” tab on the “Export data” page. In order to export just product data, you need to open the “Products” tab on the “Export data” page.

The same thing is with the “Import” functionality. If you import product data, you need to open the “Products” tab.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1308732850' post='115500']

Hello Billlie,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

You cannot export product option combinations and products at the same time. It was made in order to make administrator's work easier. Most of administrators edit product combinations separately and they do not need to edit products at the same time. Also this was made to decrease the size of the exported file.

So if you want to export product options combinations, you need to open the “Product combinations” tab on the “Export data” page. In order to export just product data, you need to open the “Products” tab on the “Export data” page.

The same thing is with the “Import” functionality. If you import product data, you need to open the “Products” tab.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Thank you for the reply.

I understand now.

The problem that I am having is that I can not export the product ID and Combination using the method above.

I uploaded one product and when I try to export the product ID and combination I get the following error

“Error

No data exported”

On the “Note” on the left hand side it shows "1 products will be exported. "

So I am not sure what is going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Bill

[quote name='Billlee' timestamp='1310204597' post='116691']

Thank you for the reply.

I understand now.

The problem that I am having is that I can not export the product ID and Combination using the method above.

I uploaded one product and when I try to export the product ID and combination I get the following error

“Error

No data exported”

On the “Note” on the left hand side it shows "1 products will be exported. "

So I am not sure what is going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Bill

[/quote]

Never-mind, I figured it out. I was trying to import the product file using the combination import feature, my bad!