Import cs-cart 2.1.4

HI there how are you I would like to know if any one had chance to change the option on import . As per Cs-cart Product-code is have to be unique in import

However I am facing problem with this option few of my product I have New and Refurbished and there are with same product code we only separate them with feature’s name condition

Please let me know how can achive this import 2 product with same codes

Hello Rahail, [quote name='rahail' timestamp='1308117703' post='115029']

HI there how are you I would like to know if any one had chance to change the option on import . As per Cs-cart Product-code is have to be unique in import

However I am facing problem with this option few of my product I have New and Refurbished and there are with same product code we only separate them with feature's name condition

Please let me know how can achive this import 2 product with same codes

[/quote]

In this case I recommend you change a product code of one of your products in the imported CSV file and then upload these products to your store. After that you can change the product code to the correct one in the administration panel of your store. This is possible because CS-Cart allows to have different products with the same product code in the administration panel of your store.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

Thank you so much for the info. Unfortunately this will not work because it will make us do lot of work manually we are not talking about 1-2 parts we need to import 100k parts please advice thank you

An option would be to have your new stuff as Supplier-A and Refurb stuff as Supplier-B.

You could then modify the import to do a product_id lookup based on the product_code and company_id.

If you chose this route, it would be best to modify the db schema to make a key for product_code/company_id being UNIQUE within the table.

I think that product_code/company_id should be UNIQUE within the products table by default, but that's not my call.

You could vary this strategy to use Feature(s) versus company_id with a bit more work.

Thank you sir… It will be tough for us to do any manual stuff I have some doing modification always import instead of update see if that method work

but change to “always import” scenario

Do you think is it good idea or is it going to mass something in my current DB