Imagick

iMac recommends that for best performance, we use Imagick for image resizing.

See his post here:

Get Maximum out of 4.3.1: The Best Server Configuration. - Web Hosting - CS-Cart Community Forums

I've had my host install this, and I've changed the line of code mentioned by iMac, in order to turn it on for CS-Cart.

However, it makes absolutely no difference to my “Serve Scaled Images” score on GTMetrix (I get 57, which is an E). Is it supposed to? If not, what is it supposed to do?

How can I even tell that it's running properly on my server?

Many of us using CS-Cart are not programmers, linux experts, or hosting geeks. We're ordinary people trying to sell stuff online. We need help with this stuff. Telling us we need to use Imagick for image resizing isn't enough.

Any help appreciated.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1437065091' post='223248']

iMac recommends that for best performance, we use Imagick for image resizing.

See his post here:

http://forum.cs-cart…-configuration/

I've had my host install this, and I've changed the line of code mentioned by iMac, in order to turn it on for CS-Cart.

However, it makes absolutely no difference to my “Serve Scaled Images” score on GTMetrix (I get 57, which is an E). Is it supposed to? If not, what is it supposed to do?

How can I even tell that it's running properly on my server?

Many of us using CS-Cart are not programmers, linux experts, or hosting geeks. We're ordinary people trying to sell stuff online. We need help with this stuff. Telling us we need to use Imagick for image resizing isn't enough.

Any help appreciated.

[/quote]

here is a solution…

Specifying Image Dimensions - Page 2 - Configuration - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 2

but in my case some images are missing…

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5892-lack-of-image-width-height-attributes/

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1437076547' post='223268']

here is a solution…

http://forum.cs-cart…ns/page__st__20

but in my case some images are missing…

http://forum.cs-cart…ght-attributes/

[/quote]

No. That's a totally different issue. That's all about specifying image dimensions and I'm getting an “A” for that on GTMetrix.

What I am posting about is “Serve scaled images.” I'm getting an “E” for this. The way I understand it, the Imagick PHP extension (library, class, or whatever it's called) is supposed to fix this on the fly.

Which version of cs-cart? 3rd party theme?

afaik, imagik just does a better job of image optimising thumbnails, so would only decrease your thumbnail size and Optimize images score.

Attached screenshot of 4.3.3

Screenshot from 2015-07-17 08:15:24.png

CS-Cart Version 4.3.3

VIvashop theme

[attachment=9891:Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 6.47.59 PM.png]

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 6.47.59 PM.png

Kogi, how do you get an “A” for “Serve Scaled Images”?

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1437086920' post='223279']

Kogi, how do you get an “A” for “Serve Scaled Images”?

[/quote]

That's just a stock standard 4.3.3 with a lot of addons disabled.

For your store. I guess it might be an addon like “watermark addon”? or maybe vivashop. Have you tried a benchmark with the default theme?

I have never installed the Watermark add-on.

I've not tried a benchmark with the default theme.

I have been able to get an A B on GTMetrix on my product pages which is encouraging. But it seems not matter what I do, I can't get the home page to move up from B B.

The one thing that seems to be a problem I can't solve is the “Serve Scaled Images.” Look at the screenshot below. It would seem that a number of the images are 230 by 230 pixels in reality, but then for viewing, CSS or HTML is scaling them down to 161 x 161. Evidently, in order to score higher there, I need the actual images to be 161 x 161 instead of the larger size. Any idea how to do that?

[attachment=9892:Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 8.59.54 PM.png]

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 8.59.54 PM.png

[quote name=‘kingsleypress’ timestamp=‘1437094815’ post=‘223284’]

I need the actual images to be 161 x 161 instead of the larger size. Any idea how to do that?

[/quote]

You need to read the [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Vivashop install docs again :D[/font][/color]

Settings, thumbnails.

Then I think you have to clear thumbnail cache

[quote name=‘kogi’ timestamp=‘1437095287’ post=‘223286’]

You need to read the [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Vivashop install docs again :D[/font][/color]

Settings, thumbnails.

Then I think you have to clear thumbnail cache

[/quote]

I have the thumbnail settings exactly as listed in the Vivashop docs.

Hmm. Then I need reread them. I seem to rember the 4.2.4 docs were 150

OK finally got it. I regenerated the thumbnails and my “Serve Scaled Images” scored went up to “A”.

[attachment=9893:Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 9.35.21 PM.png]

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 9.35.21 PM.png

cache…old good problem ;)

FYI: To clear thumbnails cache there is magic parameter “?ct”

What's magic about it?

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1437140286' post='223397']

What's magic about it?

[/quote]

That was the kind of joke regarding “magic”. Works the same way as “?cc” or “?ctpl” - you do not need to delete cache manually.