Images

Hi

Can someone please explain how the images are stored and which folders are now redundant?

I have approx 980 products…

14,982 images…

58 folders…

taking up 367MB of space!

If all my products had 3 images that’s only 2,940 total, allow that times 2 for backup, that’s 5,880 total. Only got an extra 9,102 to play with!!! :confused:

Any ideas people? :rolleyes:

Anyone have a thought? :confused:

do you have products with options. that might increase it.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Hi

Can someone please explain how the images are stored and which folders are now redundant?

I have approx 980 products…

14,982 images…

58 folders…

taking up 367MB of space!

If all my products had 3 images that’s only 2,940 total, allow that times 2 for backup, that’s 5,880 total. Only got an extra 9,102 to play with!!! :confused:

Any ideas people? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

In 2.1.1 upgrade images are duplicated in

/images/

and

/images/0/

in my case.

Since very first image added I named them by SKUa,b,c…jpg so by looking at whole bunch in image folder I can quickly see whats wrong…

[quote name=‘mrfoameruk’]do you have products with options. that might increase it.[/QUOTE]

Yes some do, but most don’t, most only have 1 image.

[quote name=‘Darius’]In 2.1.1 upgrade images are duplicated in

/images/

and

/images/0/

in my case.

Since very first image added I named them by SKUa,b,c…jpg so by looking at whole bunch in image folder I can quickly see whats wrong…[/QUOTE]

Thought they were duplicated!

I have always had issues with images for example…

Upload image to product one and call image product_one.jpg

I always end up with images like this as well

product_onefghfg48vc5484845154hfcbfgh.jpg

Obviously just an example, but why does it create such long names and in lots of cases use it instead of the original one? :confused:

Thank you both for the input.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]

Upload image to product one and call image product_one.jpg

I always end up with images like this as well

product_onefghfg48vc5484845154hfcbfgh.jpg

[/QUOTE]

This happens only if such image, its name already occupied, such image already exists.

For example even if used same image for product, after cloning product description I upload same image with diferent name just to have everything sorted properly with no “product_onefghfg48vc5484845154hfcbfgh.jpg”

I’ve always hated how CS does the images if you already have one with the same name. I’d be fine with it if it just added a 2 or something on the end.

Anyways, I fixed mine with this thread: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=9976[/url]

The thing about this is that you have to be careful to not have duplicate images. Basically you can use one image for as many products as you would like to and have it with one name, but if you overwrite that image with a different image it will overwrite the image for all those products.

All I know is that this works great for me. Some of my products have only one image and so sharing that image with the appropriate image name works great. All the rest of my images have different image names so I don’t have to worry about overwriting anything.

Brandon

Thank you both for the responses. I am going to be brave and delete all long named images, all my images have unique names, and these are the same as the product code, so all these long names can only be from upgrades etc.

Guess I will end up with no images at all! LOL :rolleyes:

I have managed to half the images on my server.

However you can’t just delete the images (with long name) and let the original image resolve itself (as was case with earlier v)

Can someone from CS please give us all a definitive description of how the images are stored and what makes the cart select one folder over another.

I want to revert to having my original images and no long titled copies. I previous version all you had to do was name image same as product code and it sorted itself out. But now you have to do each products image one at a time!!!

Is this progress??? :confused:

Any help would be warmly welcomed. :smile: