Images with Global Option Variant Extra

I create a global option for colors and for each color I attach a small image in the extras section.

When I add the global option to a product, the images do not appear to come in…

Known bug or am I doing something wrong?

This is a bug and to fixed in the next version

[quote name=‘jvanlaar’]I create a global option for colors and for each color I attach a small image in the extras section.

When I add the global option to a product, the images do not appear to come in…

Known bug or am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘dustundag’]This is a bug and to fixed in the next version[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your response.

Yes something is messed up there to be sure. I also note when I do add an image variant, for whatever reason the system creates multiple copies of the image in the image variants folder with uniqe names?? It appears it may be creating an image for each selection in the option though the extra images don’t appear to be linked to anything.

Anyway I have work around for the time being

You can use global option with link if it help as there seem to be no specific problem

as it would avoid unnecesary pictures being created

There is already a fix in the bugtracket 1082 if you are able to edit core/fn.catalog.php

[quote name=‘jvanlaar’]Thanks for your response.

Yes something is messed up there to be sure. I also note when I do add an image variant, for whatever reason the system creates multiple copies of the image in the image variants folder with uniqe names?? It appears it may be creating an image for each selection in the option though the extra images don’t appear to be linked to anything.

Anyway I have work around for the time being[/QUOTE]

Is there anywhere that I can set the size for these variant image thumbnails?

I am working with my trial still, and I have really come a long way… one of the things that sold me on cs-cart was its feature of variant images… many other carts had no way of allowing me to show an image related to each option in a list (radio, or checkbox). My current shop which runs Miva merchant (nice and solid system, many modules available, terrible to customize and virtually impossible to integrate with a site done in PHP).

I am very happy to say that I have been able to alter the products_options.tpl so that I am displaying the images in the same block as the test and radio button, exactly as I wanted, I am however stuck with the tiniest images (50px wide and ~15 tall) I can’t show detail that I require.

Please if anyone know where to adjust this… I know its via the back end system since it make new images from the one I upload, strange thing is that in the backend if I go to edit the variant the original image is shown un-scaled (that 2 physical copies). the admin settings for thumbnails don’t do it… I have even tried to search the backends scripts for ‘50’ to see if I can find it hardcoded… that that didn’t work.

OK, so if you want to change the size of the image displayed for a variant:

open: yourSkin/customer/views/products/components/product_options.tpl

find: object_type=“product_option” image_width=“50”

edit image_width to what ever you like.

NOTE: it will create a new thumbnail SCALED to the width you enter…

You can remove the (image_width=“50”), this will cause the original to be used.

this has allowed me to use animated gifs as well.